Anyone have an extended battery?

dirtyharry

Reaction score
I was curious as to how much fatter the extended battery makes this phone? I was looking at them and it appears that they look alot better than the Droid 1&2 extended battery.

Would anybody be willing to take some side by side shots or before and after to see the difference? Or are there any pics of it floating around on the web that I didn't see? Thanks!

alext77

Reaction score
Yes I use the extended battery. As others have noted it is a bit thicker than the standard one, but allows you to use the standard battery cover. This makes the phone no thicker than with the regular battery. It is a tight fit but it does not bulge the cover or put undue pressure on the battery. Why Verizon enclosed a larger cover with the extended battery is a mystery.

psychotic_penguin

Reaction score
The larger cover's designed to allow the battery to expand outward when it gets warm.

Using the original cover, you run the risk of the battery not being able to expand properly putting that pressure on the inside of the phone. Results of that can damage the inside components including the screen.

So be warned, the choice is yours.

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
In this video you can see exactly what the extended battery looks like on the device it actually looks exactly like the normal battery size...[video=youtube;aY0u3EMsV3o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY0u3EMsV3o]YouTube - ‪Droid 3/Droid3 In Depth Review‬‏[/video]

Raptor007

Reaction score
I am planning on pickup up the holster/case combo and with the Extreme Shield full body kit on my phone I should be able to use the holster by itself. Since there is so little difference in thickness between the std and extd batteries I just don't see why they couldn't make a case to fit both.