Anyone have a Milestone on AT&T yet?

WirelessGuy

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

To all the people that were able to get the Telus Motorola Milestone to work on AT&T 3G, can you please post your APN settings as well as Set Preffered Network. The Set Preffered Network can be found by typing *#*#4636#*#* and going into Phone Information, this is a hidden menu.

I am asking because i recently purchased an unlock Telus Motorola Milestone and was able to get it to work on AT&T 3G, but until a couple of days ago, it no longer works on 3G and will only connect to the Edge Network.

Was there anything special you guys had to do to get it to work properly? Now when i try to connect using 3G, it just hangs and does nothing.

PS. I also tried a hard reset and still no go.

Set Preferred Network: GSM Auto (PRL)

APN
Name: AT&T
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: <Not set>
Port: <Not set>
Username: [email protected]
Password: ********* (I am assuming it was left blank)
Server: <Not set>
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: 80
MMC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: <Not set>
APN type: <Not set>

I have been running a Telus Milestone on AT&T with HSDPA (H) and 3G data. Only seen it on Edge once in the last few days. It is very fast and works well.

Good luck!

are you sure those settings are correct they do not correspond with these settings

Rogers APN Configuration for Android Phones : ~Revo Fora~
The setting I posted are for the AT&T network, not Rogers...

Brokennails

Reaction score
I can see both TV.com and bTunes in the marketplace on my Telus Milestone on AT&T.

Really? OK, where are you? I have even cleared my phone and tried from scratch and they still do not show up. Anything special you have done?
Nothing special here, in the Chicago area.

Hmmm, just wipoed cache and data again and booted without microsd. Set up phone and went to marketplace and still no bTunes or TV.com. Wonder why my phone won't find them.....

Any ideas?

Update

Well, after searching and searching, found a post at Motorola's forums of all places. Edited my build.prop and now have protected apps.

Brokennails

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this Milestone would work with at&t 3g network in th US Motorola MILESTONE Quadband 3G HSDPA GPS Unlocked Phone - eBay (item 370312146295 end time Apr-26-10 11:25:13 PDT) ?

thanks for your help

No it weill not, says so in the item description. Only Milestone that will work on AT&T is the Telus version so I recommend you search for Telus Motorola Milestone. That is how I got mine. Then if it is not unlocked you will have to use a service to unlock it. I used MobileInCanada. More spendy than others but recieved my Subsidy Unlock code in about three hours vs a couple days like others.

Dacoolkid011

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this Milestone would work with at&t 3g network in th US Motorola MILESTONE Quadband 3G HSDPA GPS Unlocked Phone - eBay (item 370312146295 end time Apr-26-10 11:25:13 PDT) ?

thanks for your help

No it weill not, says so in the item description. Only Milestone that will work on AT&T is the Telus version so I recommend you search for Telus Motorola Milestone. That is how I got mine. Then if it is not unlocked you will have to use a service to unlock it. I used MobileInCanada. More spendy than others but recieved my Subsidy Unlock code in about three hours vs a couple days like others.

Do you know if there's any other place than ebay where i could buy a Telus Milestone for around $500 or $550. im in the US btw

thanks again.

Brokennails

Reaction score
Not sure, I guess a forum like this one.Other option is have someone you know walk into a Telus store and pick one up for you, but that is gonna run you $599.

Brokennails

Reaction score
Not sure, I guess a forum like this one.Other option is have someone you know walk into a Telus store and pick one up for you, but that is gonna run you $599.

Dacoolkid011

Reaction score

oh alright thanks.
thats true and the other problem is that i dont know anyone that lives in Canada. haha
well if you hear anything, just let me know, thanks for your help once again.

Dacoolkid011

Reaction score