Anyone have a Milestone on AT&T yet?

lexcyn

Reaction score
Ya I just ran a speed test on the Telus Stone and I got 5mbps down and 1.3mbps up, pretty sweet!

jvaughn

Reaction score
Just got my milestone

I'm in Los Angeles and it's showing e for edge only. I followed a posting on setting up the correct APN under Cingular, is their a different on or do I need to call AT&T and have them set the imei to the sim card?

dieKatze88

Reaction score
Try doing a hard reset (HTC/WM Term, not sure what the android term is)

I received mine after a hard reset had been preformed, as if nobody had ever used it. it setup the APN and 3g works.

ungabungas

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

To all the people that were able to get the Telus Motorola Milestone to work on AT&T 3G, can you please post your APN settings as well as Set Preffered Network. The Set Preffered Network can be found by typing *#*#4636#*#* and going into Phone Information, this is a hidden menu.

I am asking because i recently purchased an unlock Telus Motorola Milestone and was able to get it to work on AT&T 3G, but until a couple of days ago, it no longer works on 3G and will only connect to the Edge Network.

Was there anything special you guys had to do to get it to work properly? Now when i try to connect using 3G, it just hangs and does nothing.

PS. I also tried a hard reset and still no go.

WirelessGuy

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

To all the people that were able to get the Telus Motorola Milestone to work on AT&T 3G, can you please post your APN settings as well as Set Preffered Network. The Set Preffered Network can be found by typing *#*#4636#*#* and going into Phone Information, this is a hidden menu.

I am asking because i recently purchased an unlock Telus Motorola Milestone and was able to get it to work on AT&T 3G, but until a couple of days ago, it no longer works on 3G and will only connect to the Edge Network.

Was there anything special you guys had to do to get it to work properly? Now when i try to connect using 3G, it just hangs and does nothing.

Set Preferred Network: GSM Auto (PRL)

APN
Name: AT&T
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: <Not set>
Port: <Not set>
Username: [email protected]
Password: ********* (I am assuming it was left blank)
Server: <Not set>
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: 80
MMC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: <Not set>
APN type: <Not set>

I have been running a Telus Milestone on AT&T with HSDPA (H) and 3G data. Only seen it on Edge once in the last few days. It is very fast and works well.

Good luck!

grimm26

Reaction score
So you get full functionality with a milestone on AT&T? proper android marketplace access and all that?

WirelessGuy

Reaction score
So you get full functionality with a milestone on AT&T? proper android marketplace access and all that?
Yes, everything works (3G data, paid apps, etc).

I unlocked mine when I was within AT&T Network coverage with an AT&T sim card in place. Everything worked without any additional settings (didn't have to set manual APN's or anything).

purpletopaz

Reaction score
So many questions about the Milestone-Please help

I really want to purchase a Milestone and I have done so much research that I am exhausted!! Can someone please help me in determining which one I need for the US and that will work on AT&T's 3G network? I know the A853 is the model # I need but how do you know when your looking on websites if that's the right one??

Thanks so much!!!:wacko:

WirelessGuy

Reaction score
I really want to purchase a Milestone and I have done so much research that I am exhausted!! Can someone please help me in determining which one I need for the US and that will work on AT&T's 3G network? I know the A853 is the model # I need but how do you know when your looking on websites if that's the right one??

Thanks so much!!!:wacko:
You want a Telus Milestone (FCC ID: IHDP56KC5).

There is 2 different Milestones available:

FCC ID: IHDP56KC5
= Quad-Band GSM (850/900/1800/1900) and Tri-Band 3G (850/1900/2100) North/South American frequencies

FCC ID: IHDP56KC2 = Quad-Band GSM (850/900/1800/1900) and Dual-Band 3G (900/2100) European/Asia frequencies

purpletopaz2

Reaction score
Other than the FCC code you listed, how else can you tell if it is a Telus Milestone when your looking on ebay and such? Also do you know places that sell them other than ebay?

Thanks

Brokennails

Reaction score
Anyone else on AT&T having missing apps on Market Place? Got my Telus Milestone and unlocked it and pseudo rooted. Not able to get TV.com or bTunes. Don't show up at all. Tried Market Enabler and no go. Tried the Thai 2.1 and still not able to find them. Kind of irritating as I had no problems whatsoever with my unlocked Telus HTC Hero with any rom I tried.

RacecarBMW

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Set Preferred Network: GSM Auto (PRL)

APN
Name: AT&T
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: <Not set>
Port: <Not set>
Username: [email protected]
Password: ********* (I am assuming it was left blank)
Server: <Not set>
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: 80
MMC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: <Not set>
APN type: <Not set>

I have been running a Telus Milestone on AT&T with HSDPA (H) and 3G data. Only seen it on Edge once in the last few days. It is very fast and works well.

Good luck!

are you sure those settings are correct they do not correspond with these settings

Rogers APN Configuration for Android Phones : ~Revo Fora~

WirelessGuy

Reaction score
Anyone else on AT&T having missing apps on Market Place? Got my Telus Milestone and unlocked it and pseudo rooted. Not able to get TV.com or bTunes. Don't show up at all. Tried Market Enabler and no go. Tried the Thai 2.1 and still not able to find them. Kind of irritating as I had no problems whatsoever with my unlocked Telus HTC Hero with any rom I tried.
I can see both TV.com and bTunes in the marketplace on my Telus Milestone on AT&T.