1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Anyone have a Milestone on AT&T yet?

Discussion in 'Motorola Milestone' started by JohnDroid, Feb 23, 2010.

1. JohnDroid

JohnDroid Guest

Wondering if anyone has the Milestone running on the AT&T network yet?
  2. CarpeDiem

CarpeDiem New Member

I have the milestone Telus on AT&T and full 3g but I am so pissed Motorola locked this device, the Telus can not be rooted !!!! Buyers, be aware and careful before you buy any motorola device. the complains are amazingly growing on the web, just check the moto facebook page...
  3. shatteredzman

shatteredzman New Member

I got my milestone about an hour ago and I have it working on AT&T. Something I noticed is that is comes with working google navigation. Motonav is on here too but you dont have to use it. I thought the milestone didnt come with google navigation? Or maybe google determines whether or not to give your phone navigation based off of the sim card. I did have an update to google maps when I first turned on the phone.
  4. lexcyn

lexcyn New Member

Google Navigation works if you are in the US. If you are outside the US it won't work. I'm guessing it has something to do with your GPS or cell tower location.

But yes Motonav sucks lol. And the fact we can't root :(
  5. ForBirdie22

ForBirdie22 New Member

Do you have the 3G with the up and down arrow on at all times because mines will show it sometimes and then most of the time its has an H with the up and down arrows?

I know its not edge because i'm getting 3G speed when i tested using speedtest app. I've also seen the edge icon so for sure its not that.
  6. lexcyn

lexcyn New Member

3G with the up/down should be only when you are making voice calls. It should be displaying H all the time, since Telus's network is ONLY HSPA+ and does NOT have EDGE.

For those in the US, on AT&T it would work on EDGE & 3G, as well as 'H' as long as that area had HSPA+ (21mbps) support.
  7. DukeL

DukeL New Member

I got one working on at&t, works great!

Yah I was also suprised it came with Google Maps because I had heard it only came with motonav. Nice suprise.

H stands for Hsdpa/HSPA. Mine says H most the time and once in a while 3g. I beleive it stands for Hsdpa in my case since at&t only has several markets rolled out so far with HSPA...

"The reality is only 6 US cities have been lit up so far:
    Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, and Miami, with capabilities being turned up on a site-by-site basis beginning last month. Further backhaul deployment will continue in these markets and begin in additional markets across the nation. We anticipate that the majority of our mobile data traffic will be carried over the expanded fiber-based, HSPA 7.2-capable backhaul by the end of this year"
  8. ForBirdie22

ForBirdie22 New Member

thanks for the clarification, i was thinking it might be something with hspa but wanted to make sure.

i'm getting about 1600-1800 when testing with speedtest, and i'm in the sacramento area, seems to be quite fast for mobile browsing.
  9. DukeL

DukeL New Member

Yep pretty fast. Just clocked 1874 here in san diego.
  10. big_adventure

big_adventure New Member

Poor ATT'ers. Don't get me wrong, my service here is not perfect, but my last speed test was 4329 on downlowd, 460 on upload. :D

I just downloaded a 13MB podcast in 17 seconds.
  11. DukeL

DukeL New Member

Damn. You must be on Telus HSPA network huh?
  12. bastosero

bastosero New Member

There are now two types of Motorola Milestones available from Buy.com. One of them is an unlocked GSM - Quadband that I'm guessing should be compatible with 3G in North America. Unfortunately, the other one won't be compatible with the 3G in North America. You can, however, get a calling plan with a GSM carrier and then get a mobile wi-fi hotspot device, such as the Verizon Mifi, to have a wi-fi connection with it all the time, but obviously that's if you have the money to spend on all of that.

Motorola DROID Milestone Unlocked GSM Smartphone - Quad-Band, 5 Megapixel Camera, Media Player, Blue - Droid Milestone - Buy.com

motorola milestone: All Search Results - Buy.com
  13. big_adventure

big_adventure New Member

Nah, Orange HSPA in France. Two years ago, I never saw more than 400Kbps with iPhone or BlackBerry, then suddenly, consistent 2Mbps, and then, about a month ago, consistent 4 or 4.5 mbps. The only bad thing is that if you go over a gig in a month, they start limiting you to about 350kbps until the end of the month, when it bumps back up. And I go over now.
  14. DukeL

DukeL New Member

[QUOTE

Nah, Orange HSPA in France. Two years ago, I never saw more than 400Kbps with iPhone or BlackBerry, then suddenly, consistent 2Mbps, and then, about a month ago, consistent 4 or 4.5 mbps. The only bad thing is that if you go over a gig in a month, they start limiting you to about 350kbps until the end of the month, when it bumps back up. And I go over now.[/QUOTE]

Damn yep Europe is way faster I hear but we are catching up.lol.
  15. dieKatze88

dieKatze88 New Member

Damn yep Europe is way faster I hear but we are catching up.lol.[/QUOTE]

Yeah we used to be faster than everyone else in our very limited rollout of HSDPA at 1.6mb/s CONSTANT. But that was before Apple came through and ruined our network.

I get my milestone next week.
  16. lexcyn

lexcyn New Member

Ya I just ran a speed test on the Telus Stone and I got 5mbps down and 1.3mbps up, pretty sweet!
  17. big_adventure

big_adventure New Member

That's fantastic!
  18. jvaughn

jvaughn New Member

Just got my milestone

I'm in Los Angeles and it's showing e for edge only. I followed a posting on setting up the correct APN under Cingular, is their a different on or do I need to call AT&T and have them set the imei to the sim card?
  19. dieKatze88

dieKatze88 New Member

Try doing a hard reset (HTC/WM Term, not sure what the android term is)

I received mine after a hard reset had been preformed, as if nobody had ever used it. it setup the APN and 3g works.
  20. ungabungas

ungabungas New Member

Hi Guys,

To all the people that were able to get the Telus Motorola Milestone to work on AT&T 3G, can you please post your APN settings as well as Set Preffered Network. The Set Preffered Network can be found by typing *#*#4636#*#* and going into Phone Information, this is a hidden menu.

I am asking because i recently purchased an unlock Telus Motorola Milestone and was able to get it to work on AT&T 3G, but until a couple of days ago, it no longer works on 3G and will only connect to the Edge Network.

Was there anything special you guys had to do to get it to work properly? Now when i try to connect using 3G, it just hangs and does nothing.

PS. I also tried a hard reset and still no go.
Search tags for this page
apn for motorola milestone for at&t
enable hidden menu note 3 at&t
milestone 3 at&t
milestone 3 att motorola

milestone for at&t

motorola milestone at&t 3g
motorola milestone on att
motorola milestone x at&t