Anyone got the printer going for the lapdock 500 ?

johenkel

Reaction score
I was so excited about getting the lapdock for our two D4s. I was going to junk our old laptop.
But I cannot get any printer going ? What is the deal?

I got a EpsonArtisan 835 (printing photos directly from the phone using the Epson App is awesome, btw!). The lapdock shows the IP of it on my home network and installs it all fine. But when I print, I get fifty pages of junk !! No fun !

Is anyone out there that got a printer successfully going with the lapdock?

Any help will be appreciated!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Joseph007

Reaction score
While I have not done any printing from my Droid 4 or the Lapdock, 50 pages of junk will usually mean a bad driver. Seeing as the Lapdock is a version of a Linux OS crunched down, I would suggest looking for anything for your printer that is Linux based. Finally, if all else fails, you could use a generic text based driver to just get it to work, but say goodbye to printing pictures, fonts, varriable sizes, etc.

OP
johenkel

johenkel

Reaction score
There are only two driver options and neither works. Bummer!
I looked for long for a printer that supports wifi, uses little ink, has a dedicated photo paper tray, and works for all my "machines" (windows, Linux, cell phones).
That one does have everything, except the lapdock compatibility.

It works with MotoPrint if I use the Windows machine as host for my D4 - but not if I plug my D4 into the lapdock. I think a fault by whoever engineered this!

Still waiting for someone who got any printing done.
Someone must've been successful!

Johenkel

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2