1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Anyone getting great youtube performance??

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by chomorro, Mar 31, 2011.

1. chomorro

chomorro New Member

Every video i watch, doesnt matter if tis optimized for mobile or not has lots of skips and freezes. Even when i have a solid 3-4 bars of service.

Is this just the verizon network?? My gf's evo can watch youtube vids with no issue at all on sprint. Its annoying and she brags about it constantly lol.
  2. dalkhoutoff

dalkhoutoff New Member

I was gonna post the same thing... Was watching a little RWJ on my trip down the hill and it kept stuttering... This rom has no network optimizations it seems...With MIUI... I could watch any youtube video without it stuttering almost everywhere. The only thing that sucks is that MIUI is in beta, has lots of bugs, and gets terrible battery life... I really wish more devs or kernel-makers (IDK what they are called) would work on this.. I was thinking of flashing a different baseband to see if I could make it better, but I dont really know much about the basebands. So, Im in the same boat as you. Im waiting for the next 3g optimized rom. Seems like they are all working on gingerbread.

PS: Not knocking this Rom, Its almost perfect and probably the best out there.
  3. chomorro

chomorro New Member

Well I have had the problem with the few roms I have tried. And its been so long I don't remember if I had problem free youtube experience before rooting lol.
  4. Timberwolf

Timberwolf New Member

I also have that problem running PEv4.2 I don't watch youtube videos hardly at all on my droid, but the few I do it happens and is frustrating but I can't complain since this rom's positives greatly out weigh its negitives and youtube videos are not a make or break decision. Not much else I can compain about on 4.2 other then it lacks a teleportation feature.
  5. chomorro

chomorro New Member

Maybe it verizon.... I just tried 4.2 with the data throttle hack and its the same bad youtube performance.
  6. Timberwolf

Timberwolf New Member

It isn't Verizon. My friend has the DX and his videos play flawlessly. My phones overclocked to 700 also.
  7. djbrent2

djbrent2 New Member

i haven't been able to watch any streamed videos without waiting for it to buffer. it makes me wonder why there's even an app or a button to switch to HQ. i'm expecting it to work when i get a 4g phone or i'm switching to another network and calling breach of contract.
Search tags for this page
andriod better utube perfomance
android youtube buffer

android youtube stutter

youtube mobile performance