Anyone getting duplicate Sms?

ALFdroid

Reaction score
Im using Go Sms, but I noticed before I used it too im keep getting the same messages over and over again?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Jueles

Reaction score
Yep, happens to me off and on too. Not a clue why.. but if I didn't have unlimited messaging, there'd be probs!

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

meagerfindings

Reaction score
I'm using chomp sms and I'm getting triplicates of each text. This started in the last week.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

jonnygage

Reaction score
did you make sure to turn off the notifications on the stock messaging app? or are all the duplicates coming from go sms or chomp?

OP
ALFdroid

ALFdroid

Reaction score
Yes all other notifications were turned off... its not a notification issue i am literally getting duplicate messages sometimes x10

meagerfindings

Reaction score
Yes all other notifications were turned off... its not a notification issue i am literally getting duplicate messages sometimes x10

I checked and my settings haven't changed but suddenly, despite having these notifications off, these messages have started and kept on coming.

Snare

Reaction score
I also started getting duplicates on the 18th.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

civicmon

Reaction score
I've also been getting multiple text messages. very annoying! Any idea why? I'm also using goSMS but doesn't seem to be isolated to that.

I'm on a verizon droid bionic.

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
I use the stock messaging that came on the bionic and ever since I got the phone I have often gotten duplicates. I believe the first message I ever recieved on the Bionic was a duplicate........I do not like when that happens even though it isn't a MAJOR thing.

pastor_rob

Reaction score
Using GO SMS ... and it is happening more and more frequently every day ... I get triplicates of each message ... and it is becoming very annoying ... can anyone help??? :frown:

Thanks in advance!!!

Meriwether_R

Reaction score
I'm having this problem as well. The only third party texting app I use is BrowserText, but it's actually less common when I'm sending from that. For me, it seemed to start with the last firmware update on my Droid X. Does anyone else's coincide with this?

entcee

Reaction score
I think this happens with ALL SMS apps because it may be a flaw in Android, not the sms app. These duplicates will not go against your message limit. You can verify this by checking your SMS history on Verizon's website. Possibly because the message is received once, but duplicated on your phone. You should not have to worry about going over your limit due to the duplicate messages.

I have heard that this happens when you have more than 200-300 messages in the thread for the user sending the message. This used to happen ALL the time with my OG droid, but I kept every text message, so some threads would have over a few thousand messages.

When I got my Bionic, I did not get any duplicates until the person I text the most reached around 700-800 messages.

Try limiting the number of messages retained to 200-300 and see if that helps. (I bet it does).

This may fix the issue for some (if you do not care about saving old messages) However, I am not saying it will fix the problem for everyone, but is worth a try.

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
i have the same problem with my Bionic. i just upgraded from the Droid1 a week ago and never had this issue. but i do notice it only happens at work where my signal comes and goes, that might be the problem.

Meriwether_R

Reaction score
Try limiting the number of messages retained to 200-300 and see if that helps. (I bet it does).

I deleted all my SMS, and it did cut down the duplicates significantly. I still get them from certain contacts for some reason, though.