1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Anyone from Australia?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 4' started by TerryS, Nov 17, 2012.

1. TerryS

TerryS New Member

Anyone here from Australia who is using this phone (Droid 4)?

From what I read Droid 4 is a global phone now, but it is not clear has it been tested in Australia or not (how global the "global" is)
    as I have heard that the previous US-but-unlocked models has not been working here in Oz.

Also, what is the best way to buy a unlocked Droid 4 and import it to Australia?
    I was chatting with a Verizon sales person and she said they only ship it within US :angry:

Cheers.
  2. TerryS

TerryS New Member

Thanks mate for sharing the info.

I bought mine from the same seller. It took a while to get it delivered though.

I am on Optus too, but (by comparison to my previous Xperi phone) I rarely get the 3G out of D4. Most of the time it tries to connect on 3G for a few seconds before switching to GPRS.

Another thing that I found that it at times does not automatically switch to WIFI network and stays on the mobile internet.

Otherwise a great phone, with a great keyboard, one key (a "shift" key on the right side, perhaps instead of "ok") away from the great.