Anyone find a good arm band for the Bionic?

mikespe

Reaction score
My arms are about 15 inches and this armband does not cut circulation or feel harsh during workouts or runs. I have nothing but good things to say about it.

Mine are 18 inches and the last one is had turned my arm blue! I called a local sporting goods store that sells this armband but they want $35 for the thing!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

BuckyN8

Reaction score
Mine are 18 inches and the last one is had turned my arm blue! I called a local sporting goods store that sells this armband but they want $35 for the thing!

I called around too when I wanted to pick one up. The cheapest place to get it seems like its from the actual site. I even checked Ebay and Amazon before making the purchase directly from them.

mikespe

Reaction score
I called around too when I wanted to pick one up. The cheapest place to get it seems like its from the actual site. I even checked Ebay and Amazon before making the purchase directly from them.

Great minds must think alike cuz I did the same thing! LOL I found one on ebay for the same price as my local store. I might just suck it up & pay my local store. One question though....they had this for a few phones...I should get the iPhone one correct? I'm not sure if they have one for the X but if they do wouldn't that fit the best for the Bionic since it's basically the same size?

BuckyN8

Reaction score
I got the one that showed the iphone

bryan.teeples

Reaction score
The wife and I are avoid runners and needed to find a solution for carrying our phones while running as we use the map my run app and use our phones for our music. She had the charge and I have the bionic. We were able to find that best buy had a universal arm band for Android phones. We were skeptical but the thingis awesome. Not sure it would work for you body building types.

Also, on a side note, the motorola Bluetooth headphones are phenomenal.

Sent from 1976 utilizing a 1.21 gigawatt connection. Yes, bionics were around then, they were still just working things out.

oskie19

Reaction score
Cant seem to find a link or any details of the armband... can you please repost?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

oskie19

Reaction score
Thanks definitely user error on my part.

Using the app and didn't notice there were multiple pages worth of posts here.

Appreciate the quick answer.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

BuckyN8

Reaction score
Anyone else purchase one yet? I want to hear some other thoughts from people that have tried it out.

Seantonio

Reaction score
The wife and I are avoid runners and needed to find a solution for carrying our phones while running as we use the map my run app and use our phones for our music. She had the charge and I have the bionic. We were able to find that best buy had a universal arm band for Android phones. We were skeptical but the thingis awesome. Not sure it would work for you body building types.

Also, on a side note, the motorola Bluetooth headphones are phenomenal.

Sent from 1976 utilizing a 1.21 gigawatt connection. Yes, bionics were around then, they were still just working things out.

First welcome back! And don't forget to change out of your bell-bottoms! I have two questions - first, at which
Best Buy did you find your armbands? And second, is it the S9 Motorola headphones you have? That's what I have and they seem to cut out far too often, not sure if it's the battery not being fully charged or what. I agree they sound very good, but only when they work properly.

OP
S

showtime2k

Reaction score
Hey guys, just a quick update.

I ordered the Arkon XL from Amazon

Amazon.com: Arkon XL-ARMBAND Sports Armband for Large Smartphones - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

It is a PERFECT fit for the Bionic. Very comfortable on the arm, touch screen works, and it also has a flap inside for card or money storage. Couldn't be happier. I've been using it for a couple weeks now lifting weights and running and it is exactly what I wanted.

Edit: forgot to mention, but my bionic has the regular battery and no case. Although this arm band would fit well with the extended battery.

BuckyN8

Reaction score
For those of you that have the ones with the plastic covering the front of the phone, do you find any problems with that? Either affecting the touch screen or condensation problems?

lykofos

Reaction score

It's been awhile since this post started. Did you ever get one mikespe? I've been looking for an armband for trail running / workouts and just came across this post. Problem is I do a decent amount of weightlifting too, and haven't ever found a phone armband that fit decent. My upper arm (bicep) is 16.5" cold.

BuckyN8, you said that it's comfortable on a 15" arm, do you think there's enough adjustment left in the strap to fit 16.5-17" comfortably?

HorsePony

Reaction score
Still sticking with my original post on this thread from Amphipod.
Used it both for my marathon (26.2 miles of non-stop running with the EXTENDED battery) as well as daily normal weight workouts and calisthenics at the gym with both the normal and extended battery. Accommodates both batteries, free and clear access to the touch screen, side buttons, everything. Super-light-weight and adjustable for all kinds of arm sizes due to the wrap-around strap and not necessarily a velcro strap set-up (which I used with my iPod and my OG Droid for 3 years. It's really great. My preference was to not have plastic over my screen, so this suited me well.

Saw your question...think I have a great answer.

When I bought the Bionic on the day it came out, one of my first goals was to get a new armband for my workouts.
Specifically, I'm running the Chicago Marathon on Oct. 9th and wanted something that would not only hold my Bionic, but hold a Bionic with the extended battery on it (I'll be running my RunKeeper App along with my Spotify and wanted to make sure I had enough juice throughout the 4-hr race). So something that accommodated the extended battery (as well as without) was a must for me.

The other must for me was something that did not have a plastic cover over it (as I think the one you linked to did). I don't like the plastic enclosure because of sweat and potential heat/condensation within the enclosure.

Found something from Amphipod. I previously only owned a runny fanny pack from them that I used with my D1, but it never failed. I, however, wanted to get away from running with something around my waist and, for the Bionic, wanted something on my arm.

Found this: ArmPod
Dude...this thing ROCKS.
1: The elastics that fit around each edge of the phone accommodate a lot of sizes. SNUG is my Bionic with both the regular battery, the extended battery and, hell, even when I have my Bionic case ON the phone.
2: No plastic cover on it so the phone doesn't get trapped in a heat compartment or condensed around.
3: They give you a cover that you can velcro atop the phone if you want to take it out into the rain and such, but you can run without it.
4: I tested this very armband on my last Saturday training run, which was 20 miles. Phone did not move, jiggle, feel uncomfortable, slip down my arm...NOTHING. Really, I was skeptical about the elastic bands around the corners, thinking that they would have to give when running...not a BIT.
5: The elastic bands are soft and the felt around the sides are soft. No scratching or risk of scratching the screen while running.
6: I run an average of 9:20 - 9:40min per mile, so I'm in no way some slow, slacker runner. My arm's are movin'. It was great to only worry about it in the first mile (as I was just testing it out) and not even thinking about it for the remaining 19.

I know you said above that you bought the brand you linked to...but if you find that you're dissatisfied with it, try the Amphipod out.
I would not have bought this thing online alone. I was lucky to find just one left at a Runner's Edge store here in Chicago and got to try it on and throw the Bionic in there...shook it around a bit. Otherwise, really, I would not have put stock into those elastic bands just from my computer screen alone.

This is the best testimonial I could give to a fellow active person looking to take their Bionic out on the run with them.
Hope it helps you (and others).

- HP