anyone experiencing system lag on ics?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
When do you think the .214 will be available as an official update? thx.

No telling, it might never be an official release. They could fix more problems and release a newer version and skip right over this one.

Raikkonen

Reaction score
Jskinvest said:
I am stock unrooted. But it looks too complicated to install.

Well I'll give you the complete guide to doing it.

-Download the ~6.7MB file from the. 214 leak thread. Do not unzip! Leave it as a zip file.
-Put it on the root of your SD card.
-Shut off the phone completely.
-Hold the power & both vol. rockers til the screen turns on.
-Go into recovery mode.
-Clear the cache. Twice.
-Select apply update from SD.
-Select the file you put in the SD. It should apply the update automatically from there.
-Reboot. Let the apps optimize.
-Done!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Jskinvest said:
I have noticed a considerable lag after ICS. GB was a lot smoother. I do not want to do a factory reset so what other options are there to fix this? Or is a factory reset the only solution? Not happy.

This is what I posted on another thread regarding fdr...

Well, typically with any major new operating system, such as ICS, it is best to do a factory reset. Think of it this way... If you were running vista on your pc and upgrading vista to windows 7, it would highly recommend you to do a factory reset to get rid of os functions that might conflict with each other. Your pc could go crazy without such a wipe. Same with your phone. It allows your programs to install and load using the best optimization of the new operating system rather than having to sort through and running remnants of settings from the old operating system.

It really is not all that bad. Use "my backup" and "SMS backup and restore" from play store and backup your apps, data, etc, etc. Backup your launcher settings and other apps you want backed up. Do the fdr just for the phone (not your internal or external sd cards). When you reactivate your phone, re-install "My backup" and you can restore most all your settings, call logs, etc from that. I actually reinstall my apps from play store and any that don't automatically load my settings, I fall back on "My backup." It will take you a few hours to get your phone back to the way it was but it will be well worth it.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-report-your-ics-razr-experience-here-33.html

It does not make sense to not do an fdr especially when most complaints are those who are desperately trying to avoid an fdr. And then when they finally give in, they notice a remarkable improvement. Do the fdr, be done with it, then complain.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Meathead40

Reaction score
I am having the exact same experience as others with regards to lag and ICS. Overall not pleased with this release. My phone has come to a crawling slow.

I also just installed Shadowgun today and the framerates are not as smooth. It's playable but not great Maybe it's always been this way on the razr?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Did you do a factory data reset?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums