anyone experiencing system lag on ics?

Reaction score
Ever since I installed ics last Saturday I've been noticing some serious lag whenever I type or try to navigate. Its not constant but seems to be frequent. I don't seem to have some rogue app killing my processor as far as I can see.

I tried going into recovery and clearing cache and that seemed to help a little bit but its still noticeable.

awriternot

Reaction score
That happened to me right after I got the soak update. After a day or so it was back to normal. Actually, for me, it's much better.

OP
K
Reaction score
Ugh got so laggy I had to do another cache wipe from recovery. It's definitely some system app too as just clearing user apps does nothing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes. I have noticed it. My screen flow is halting/jerky used to be very smooth and fluid. Dunno.

OP
K
Reaction score
CaptainSS said:
Yes. I have noticed it. My screen flow is halting/jerky used to be very smooth and fluid. Dunno.

The only way I have found to fix it is to go into recovery and wipe cache. Try that.

Need to track down the app that's causing this though. Anyone know of a good app that shows you the cache size of system apps? I know a ton exist for user apps but I haven't found one for system apps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Stupid question, does a FDR wipe the cache or are they two separate acts? I just initiated a FDR.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
FDR didn't help, as an example Google-News- Try and scroll. Used to flick and flip and scroll like Ice on ice. Now it is like it's rusty. Small issue BUT definately not better.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I have noticed the scrolling in general in ICS is not as smooth as GB, like scrolling through contacts and settings menus. As a side note question, those who are having lagging problems did you re-download Adobe Flash and currently have it installed?

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Didn't have it. Just downloaded it. No difference either way. Scrolling is a little like me walking.......slow and painful:blink:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I may be just imagining it but I uninstalled it and my phone feels a little better actually.

Jskinvest

Reaction score
Lag

I have noticed a considerable lag after ICS. GB was a lot smoother. I do not want to do a factory reset so what other options are there to fix this? Or is a factory reset the only solution? Not happy.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I have noticed a considerable lag after ICS. GB was a lot smoother. I do not want to do a factory reset so what other options are there to fix this? Or is a factory reset the only solution? Not happy.

I am not even sure I would call doing a FDR a solution, more like a bandaid because the lag seems to return. I would check into the .214 leak if it is really bothering you. I noticed the system was not nearly as laggy, and people that had battery problems are saying that they also got better with that update.

You can find the thread about it in the hacks section of this forum, a thread by Mattlgroff titled Kernal .214.

Welcome to the forums by the way.

Jskinvest

Reaction score
When do you think the .214 will be available as an official update? thx.

Raikkonen

Reaction score
Jskinvest said:
When do you think the .214 will be available as an official update? thx.

Probably no idea since it's only a leak. Takes only a minute to do if you are stock .211, unrooted.