Anyone experiencing less touch sensitivity?

spyder560

Reaction score
I just upgraded from the Note II to the 4 and I love the phone, the clean graphics are amazing.

However I do notice with certain things, the touch sensitivity is a bit 'numb' and not as snappy.
For ex, with Instagram, I have to REALLY touch/tap my screen to like a post. With browsing the internet, touch/scrolling just doesn't seem as snappy as my Note II. I've even enabled the 'glove' setting to see if that increases the sensitivity but it doesn't do much. Anyone else notice this?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Try going into system settings, display, scroll to the bottom and click on increase touch sensitivity.
mPrl5WZ.jpg

Let us know if that helps.
Good luck!

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That's strange. Mine is very snappy. I'm coming from the s4, which was starting to feel a little laggy for me, even after a factory reset.

Which browser do you use? I use Chrome unless it's something that doesn't give me an option and just launches the stock browser on its own. The only site I've really noticed anything to mention is Android Central or one of the other android sites. It doesn't want to scroll when it first loads (won't get into how ironic I think it is that a site about android devices isn't exactly android mobile web friendly).

As for Instagram, I have it installed, but I don't really check it much unless I get notifications (should probably just remove it myself.)

I'm thinking one of two things is up, either you got a slightly defective one and need to return it, or you need to do a factory reset to refresh it.

Do you find that the spen has the same trouble with sensitivity as your finger?

Keep in mind that Instagram and the mobile web are pulling lots of information down from the internet as well, so if your connection isn't that great, it could be having trouble loading/communicating with servers and that could be why you're seeing issues.

How is sensitivity in apps/games that don't use the internet? Or even just the homescreen?

OP
spyder560

spyder560

Reaction score
Which browser do you use? I use Chrome unless it's something that doesn't give me an option and just launches the stock browser on its own. The only site I've really noticed anything to mention is Android Central or one of the other android sites. It doesn't want to scroll when it first loads (won't get into how ironic I think it is that a site about android devices isn't exactly android mobile web friendly).

As for Instagram, I have it installed, but I don't really check it much unless I get notifications (should probably just remove it myself.)

I'm thinking one of two things is up, either you got a slightly defective one and need to return it, or you need to do a factory reset to refresh it.

Do you find that the spen has the same trouble with sensitivity as your finger?

Keep in mind that Instagram and the mobile web are pulling lots of information down from the internet as well, so if your connection isn't that great, it could be having trouble loading/communicating with servers and that could be why you're seeing issues.

How is sensitivity in apps/games that don't use the internet? Or even just the homescreen?

I use Dolphin browser. General internet browsing isn't bad. I do notice today, the soft 'back' button is slow to respond as well.
Sometimes it takes several times touches for it to respond.

Haven't tried Spen yet.

Meh, I'm reluctant to do a factory reset. So painful to get all my settings/apps back again.
Thanks for the tips anyways though! I'll see how it goes over a few more days.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
My soft keys are a little touchy, but I think it's more my fault. I came from the s4, so I think my muscle memory is used to shooting my thumb down to the back/menu keys on that & I'm not sure I directly hit the soft keys on the Note 4.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I just posted with the back key though & I'm definitely thinking you're dealing with a defective device, because when I make sure to tap it in the right spot, mine works well.