Anyone ever see this before?

razortaz18

Reaction score
I got a commercial add notification in my status bar. I have no idea what app put it there. (If it was an app)
a6f81378-545d-066c.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
It happened to me today! As soon as my phone turned on it said "Download Cartoon Wars" I clicked it and it said item not found.

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I assume those are Airpush advertisements. Some applications come with them, and you get the notification popups, seems to be quite annoying.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.brosmike.airpushdetector <-- something like that may be able to give you a clue as to what is the offending app. If it is indeed airpush that is. There are airpush blockers on the market as well, I am not too sure how well these work though as I have never had an airpush ad.

cleevis

Reaction score
I had one of those that ended up costing me an extra $10 per month on my bill. Just delete them off. I got them all the time on my incredible. Not sure what the app was, but I never open them anymore.

OP
R

razortaz18

Reaction score
I assume those are Airpush advertisements. Some applications come with them, and you get the notification popups, seems to be quite annoying.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.brosmike.airpushdetector <-- something like that may be able to give you a clue as to what is the offending app. If it is indeed airpush that is. There are airpush blockers on the market as well, I am not too sure how well these work though as I have never had an airpush ad.

Thanks for the link. The offending app was "Yahoo Answers" by "Made For Android". Obviously I deleted the app. Thanks again, this would have driven me crazy.

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I delete any app that pushes those. I don't care what the app is, it's gone.

Exactly. I don't mind ads in the app, but stay out of my notification bar...too many other options in the market to support ads that use that crapware

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd honestly rather they be in my notification bar, than cluttering the interface of the app. Especially evident in fast action games, those in-app ads always cause a framerate hiccup when they change.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I think that random ads that appear this way are beyond intrusive and consume data (if you are limited, it matters). I never saw these on any phone i had, not sure if its because i was lucky enough to avoid those apps or Sourcery Rom just has a native block for those.. either way i would not put up with those..

kookk

Reaction score
Had them on my tb. I got it from one of the ten cent apps they did a while back. At least that's when they started showing up

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I'd honestly rather they be in my notification bar, than cluttering the interface of the app. Especially evident in fast action games, those in-app ads always cause a framerate hiccup when they change.

While that is one way to look at this, and I agree the normal advertisements can be quite annoying in a game (poorly placed or causing slowdowns). But it is one thing to have advertisements inside the application while it is running, and a completely different thing to have advertisements outside of that app. This means that something is running on your phone when it shouldn't be, using your data connection and battery life. How much of each...I have no clue, as I have never experienced one of these apps.

This is borderline malware in my opinion. I really hope this method doesn't catch on, although I do see quite a few apps allegedly using it.

CoolAndroid

Reaction score
Those ads called "Push ads". Probably it may be "Airpush" ads. Those ads come form free apps, if you need to know which application use airpus plug-in you can use "Airpush detector" or Airpush add-on detector free apps" they can identify which app give those push ads.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.brosmike.airpushdetector
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bigtincan.android.adfree

How to guide:- Remove Android's Notification Area Ads Quickly.

Using above apps check which app can give push notifications are remove them (other than email apps). After identify application you can remove it or block ads using 3rd party app "Adaway or adfree android" .

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552

gunit34328

Reaction score
speaking of notification bars, what rom are you using for that drop down quick toggle widget? looks pretty nice.