Anyone envy the RAZR maxx??? Stopped by the store and love that 3300 battery....

MrKleen

Reaction score
I think the Droid Razr Maxx is a slap in the face to everyone who bought the Droid Razr.

Motorola customers are used to new phones being released a month or two apart. They are also used to the bootloader being locked. :)

But I would love to have that battery.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Now that Motorola was taken over by Google shouldn't they unlock their boot loaders given that Google doesn't care?

JohnJ1017

Reaction score
Motorola customers are used to new phones being released a month or two apart. They are also used to the bootloader being locked. :)

But I would love to have that battery.

That the point... Its not a new phone, its the same phone with the "fix" (decent battery) that it should of had at the time it was released. They knew battery kife was questionable on all tgese new 4g phones.. To make the RAZR with a weak, nonremovable bartery, then to re- release the phone with a "real" battery only 3 months later and leave users with the original phone stuck with an inferrior product us bulls#+@. Oh yeah, I could go and pay full price for a Maxx. Just what they are hoping for. Big f-ing scam.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Now that Motorola was taken over by Google shouldn't they unlock their boot loaders given that Google doesn't care?

Many of us certainly hope so. I would love to be able to buy another Motorola phone.

MrKleen

Reaction score
That the point... Its not a new phone, its the same phone with the "fix" (decent battery) that it should of had at the time it was released. They knew battery kife was questionable on all tgese new 4g phones.. To make the RAZR with a weak, nonremovable bartery, then to re- release the phone with a "real" battery only 3 months later and leave users with the original phone stuck with an inferrior product us bulls#+@. Oh yeah, I could go and pay full price for a Maxx. Just what they are hoping for. Big f-ing scam.

Everybody knew the Maxx was available when the Razr came out. But it wasn't released in the U.S. first. It was overseas and everyone buying the Razr should have known it was coming.

joemontana

Reaction score
When I first started looking at smartphones, I asked a guy in the store which ones had physical keyboards. He showed me his (I forget what it was, but it had a slideout kb), it was all dusty. He said that he never used it ever since he got Swype.
I have a samsung charge with swype. I can't imagine going back to a physical kb.

Joe

Nope, not having second thoughts, didn't even blink.

Wish the GN had a physical keyboard though, never really used virtual keyboards before until this phone, kind of still giving me fits...even after having it a month.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Everybody knew the Maxx was available when the Razr came out. But it wasn't released in the U.S. first. It was overseas and everyone buying the Razr should have known it was coming.

Excuse me, EVERYONE KNEW? 99.9% of Verizon customers who bought the RAZR didn't know.

Most of the people on the forums knew there was a different model overseas with a better camera but who knew it would come here?

Motorola keeps screwing people in how they release phones. How about that Bionic? You think they will support it anymore - if you go into a store it's hard to find.

Syraz

Reaction score

Didnt the one over sea's have a uselessly bigger mp camera and an hd screen?
thats a different Maxx then what we got

morcguy

Reaction score
Any of you saying that you don't want the added bulk of the RAZR MAXX's 3300 mah battery have obviously never held one.

It's sure nothing like the hideous Rezound extended battery.

First day of using the MAXX, 9.5 hours of 4g and Wifi, currently at 70% battery.

Last edited:

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
The way Motorola releases phones I doubt if I will buy another one made by them.

So if they one overseas has a better camera and screen I guess we'll see the Motorola RAZR MAXX HD in about 6 weeks.

Syraz

Reaction score
Honestly the Razr and Razr Maxx are awesome phone, snappy fast, great build quality, I WOULD get one, but I need it unlocked plain and simple after Droid, Droid2, DX2 with last 2 being locked I just can not stand not being able to customize it to my needs frustrates me

Reaction score
The way Motorola releases phones I doubt if I will buy another one made by them.

So if they one overseas has a better camera and screen I guess we'll see the Motorola RAZR MAXX HD in about 6 weeks.

yeah, they'll release it just after they've sold enough that cannot be returned within the 14day window. one of the reasons i won't by anymore moto products as well.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I will get another Motorola...I just wont get it on launch day. They do some good things with their phones that I like. My kids mother...who isnt a techie... recognizes the pros of Motorola phones.. Its not all bad with Moto. Just depends on wants n needs, thats all.

I am a RAZR owner...and I do envy the Maxx. But I'm not hating on it or the folks who can get one at no cost. I will give them props for getting a huge battery like that in a very slim form factor. Hopefully other manufactures follow suit.

Last edited:

holdout

Reaction score
Lots of hate here for Moto. After the great experience I had with my D1 Id buy another Motorola but I really like ICS, and getting my first Gnex replaced with another one, I'm finally happy.

As far as battery goes, Im usually able to charge when I need to, and my biggest drain is usually usage in the car with nav of streaming music, so i just plug it in.

I wish the Gnex had the same sort of support for accessories as moto phones, thats the only thing I am disappointed in the with Gnex