Anyone envy the RAZR maxx??? Stopped by the store and love that 3300 battery....

Reaction score
I see no need for a maxx. If i was buying today it would be the same phone i have now for $100 less. I got 12 hoirs of heavy use yesterday...first day of truly heavy use so i never plugged in to test it out. Got an hour of gaming and 4 hours of nonstop streaming music in that 12.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yea but with a 3300 in it you can abuse it and have battery left over. Mine lasts too now but still. At the end of the day when I charge it I want it to have juice left even after using it a lot throughout the day.
If they make a 3300 without adding bulk, I'll gladly buy it. For now I feel the Nexus is at the perfect size. For the record I have not held one with an extended battery yet, but it's a perfect fit for me right now. A 3300 battery would simply add too much bulk I would think. Not lookin to abuse my phone either:D It does what I need it to do and some for those boring moments and I'll have plenty left over.

CrimsonTide55

Reaction score
I got the external battery charger for my gnex so I always have a fresh battery. I never have to have my phone plugged in now and can use my phone as much as I want without having to worry about running out of juice

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

surge

Reaction score
I'm sure the GN is a great phone. I have the Razr and it is a great phone. I am not upset that Moto is now selling the Maxx. It will make the Razr a better phone for those who need the extra battery.

I have a Xoom with ICS and frankly I have not found that it is much better than Gingerbread. In addition I like Blur which improves Android.

DocsDad

Reaction score
I traded in the Razr for the Maxx. Love it and don't have a desire for anything else. Great to have battery whenever I want without worry. I too plug in all the time but I don't need to now. I bought my son the GN which is also a great product.

imreddy

Reaction score
I just ordered a Motorola external battery pack charger from VZW. The extended battery doesn't seem worth it. Initially I thought about getting an additional battery, but I hate taking the battery cover off of the GNEX.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
While they were adding more battery they should have improved the terrible screen. And eliminated the partitioned memory (sd, internal, sd-ext).

Maybe the next will be the Double Maxx and it will include a decent screen.

Think of the people who bought the Bionic - they don't even try to sell them anymore. Everyone is pushed to the RAZR.

And think of all the people who just bought a RAZR.

Lot's of pissed off people.

I'm glad I have a Nexus.

PhishyKris

Reaction score
Just never been a fan of Moto phones. Once you've tasted ICS and HD beautiful screen goodness it would be hard to go back.

Hail

Reaction score
I have Razr Maxx and gotta say this phone is a freggin beast!!! I can use simultaneous data and voice on 4g but not on 3g.... any takers why I can't?

pabowhunter

Reaction score
I also am around chargers if needed so the maxx is great idea but im happy with my original razr

Reaction score
I'm sure the GN is a great phone. I have the Razr and it is a great phone. I am not upset that Moto is now selling the Maxx. It will make the Razr a better phone for those who need the extra battery.

I have a Xoom with ICS and frankly I have not found that it is much better than Gingerbread. In addition I like Blur which improves Android.

I agree that moto blur now makes the phone much better. I have installed ics on my razr and liked alot of the features but actually missed the blur so i am back on stock. When the official ics comes with blur it will be nice i am sure.

Reaction score
While they were adding more battery they should have improved the terrible screen. And eliminated the partitioned memory (sd, internal, sd-ext).

Maybe the next will be the Double Maxx and it will include a decent screen.

Think of the people who bought the Bionic - they don't even try to sell them anymore. Everyone is pushed to the RAZR.

And think of all the people who just bought a RAZR.

Lot's of pissed off people.

I'm glad I have a Nexus.

moto released the razr maxx in china the same time the the razr was released here. besides the big battery, it has a 720p screen and a 13mpx camera while retaining the exact same size. they'll probably release that here (still with gingerbread) in a couple months and piss off all the current maxx owners....which seems to be moto's standard procedure.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/06/chinese-motorola-xt928-gets-hands-on-less-razr-more-double-edg/

Last edited:

indymale26

Reaction score
Love my nexus and has best screen and HD screen , heard there is extended batery for nexus around 3000mha ,

Syraz

Reaction score
I would only if the Razr was unlocked, since it is not. nope..