Anyone engrave the bezel?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by cyber3d, Dec 31, 2009.

1. cyber3d

cyber3d Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just a thought. But, it would be cool if someone would do engraving on the metal bezel. Anyone do it? Any pics?

2. NickWgnr

NickWgnr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't seen/heard of anyone on here that has done that. Its a cool idea but engraving is somewhat expensive (like at the stores in the malls, etc...) It would make for a unique and sweet DROID.

Sidenote: I ran across a place that anodizes things back when I wanted to get my paintball gun done that said they would do phones but it was quite costly. It would be cool to see a custom painted DROID for sure.

Wagner :motdroidvert:

3. Sam

Sam Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    there is a custom painted droid floating around here somewhere.. i forget the guy's user name though.. it's blue/black and sparkles. like a bass boat. i hate it, but the idea is really cool.

4. NickWgnr

NickWgnr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Please SAM tell us what you really think about it... Haha. I'd like to see it/ know what kind of paint/ method he used on it. I don't trust myself to paint something so small/ electronic but I'd like to know.

Ohhh... I was just looking over the phone at where and what I would get engraved, haha it was worth pondering over in my opinion. Then I noticed how the whole back of the droid is metal covered with that light rubber coating. This then made me think of the flask that I about bought a friend for his 21st that had the same coating and Timely Gifts said they cannot engrave items like that because the cutter can become damaged by it and also the depth of the cut wouldn't work. So its quite possible if you did want to get it engraved you couldn't. Needless to say I asked the lady why in the F they sold it in the store if they couldn't engrave it. She pointed to the cap and said "We can do here"... Haha

Wagner :motdroidvert:

#4 NickWgnr, Dec 31, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  5. NickWgnr

NickWgnr Member

Ratings:
    +0
  6. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +24