Anyone else's D2 freeze and reboot on them for no reason?

Khiraji

Reaction score
This happens to my phone periodically too. I have Advanced Task Killer installed, but whenever I uninstall or disable it, my battery life seems to tank. Usually my battery life is excellent (17+ hours with my normal usage on a single charge), but I'm lucky to get half that whenever ATK is gone. I know Android doesn't explicitly require a task killer, as it does app management on its own, but I hesitate to bother ATK because it seems to save my battery life.

...sorry for thread hijack :S

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I am rooted and running Launcher Pro. Sometimes, not very often, my phone reboots itself. It never freezes first. It just randomly will do what I term "Auto Restart". I figured it is Android doing its thing, a safety feature.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This happens to my phone periodically too. I have Advanced Task Killer installed, but whenever I uninstall or disable it, my battery life seems to tank. Usually my battery life is excellent (17+ hours with my normal usage on a single charge), but I'm lucky to get half that whenever ATK is gone. I know Android doesn't explicitly require a task killer, as it does app management on its own, but I hesitate to bother ATK because it seems to save my battery life.

...sorry for thread hijack :S

Advance Task Killer interfere's with how the D2 manages it's memory. This causes a larger drain then if you don't use it. More then likely what's happening is you keep looking at the battery, which uses display, and that's the biggest power eater of them all.

Here's my point: Disabling a task killer alone may not solve the issue, something else could cause it too. If that's the case then what you really need to do is find the culprit. And in order to do this you'll need to do a factory data reset. Now you won't loose your paid apps but don't load any others for at least two days. If you see no resets then start adding apps until you find the one causing you an issue.

If in fact your phone restarts after doing the factory data reset then take it back to Verizon.