anyone else waiting for V1.1 to try out darkedge?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by bmb0205, May 17, 2010.

1. bmb0205

bmb0205 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I REALLY want to try it now, but I feel like I should just wait until I flash a fresh version of BB (aka V1.1) soon so I can get a clean start on DE. Planning on going with the red theme, the background below, and as of now I'm undecided whether I want to keep home++ or move to prolauncher or helix2....hmmm. I'm kind of glad I'm waiting so I don't rush on a setup haha

chemical weapon - Droid Wallpapers, Droid Gallery
  2. Jus Cruisin

Jus Cruisin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you are on 1.0 try out the TeamChaos DE theme - no wipe. You can't kill your phone. I ran it all weekend and while it basically looks ok I went back to BB1.0 with smoked glass last night - for a while anyway. I didn't like the mish-mash of icons, some DE, some not. I really like the DE unlock and the "see-thru" contacts, etc. I might try the TC red rum with DE today and see how that looks.
  3. bamfsig45

bamfsig45 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Honestly DE isnt all that great IMO. It looks good if you only use the apps it themed but once you get away from that and start using your everyday 3rd party apps you run into issues. I think it is too deeply themed. I would like to have DE as a theme like the smoked glass themes or the nextheme. That way it doesnt effect all the 3rd party apps like it does now.
  4. bmb0205

bmb0205 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I know what yall mean, it would be awesome if someone could easily make a bunch of themed 3rd party apps. I actually got a new background last night and am pretty happy with how my Droid looks for right now, so we'll see what happens...
  5. Jus Cruisin

Jus Cruisin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, tried to switch to TeamChaos/DE and proceeded to get my phone stuck on Google sign in and had to do a system restore luckily I still had JRummy's ROM still on my SD card.
    Note to self .... do NOT delete old ROM's from SD card.
  6. rage151

rage151 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't have the Market, however, looked nice, just not as fast as BBv.1. Didn't even go through the trouble of fixing it. Restored backup and waiting for BBV1.1.
  7. bhughesiii

bhughesiii Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried applying the Team Chaos Dark Edge and it went on smooth. However, I am noticing that I am not receiving text messages, voicemails or missed call notifications until long after they were sent. Going back to Smoked Glass theme until Pete can put out Dark Edge with out the bugs.
  8. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

Ratings:
    +292
    DE looks incredible in screenshots, but it's too... well.. dark when actually using it on my phone. :icon_eek: The clean lines and fonts are slimmed down and honestly they put that slight extra strain on my eyes when using it.

I think it's an awesome theme, and incredible work by the devs, but it ain't for me and my eyes - and I still have good eyesight.
  9. Jcshannon05

Jcshannon05 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    DE Red on Stock Rooted 2.1

I have tried them all and to b honest. DE is the fastest on a stock rooted rom. I'm oc'd at 1.25 via P3 kernal LV with Helixlauncher2 as home. I love it. Some input blanks are hard to see what you type at times, but other than that it is purely beautiful. Never had any Rom/Theme combo that is faster than stock/de.
  10. jntdroid

Ratings:
    +292
    that makes me want to give it a shot again - i'm all about performance...
  11. Jcshannon05

Jcshannon05 Member

Ratings:
    +0

The only thing about my setup is that i have go to through the launcher to get to all my apps. what i've been using the most is long-pressing home button to get to background apps and works great that way. My wife has a rooted Mdroid and always gets pissed at me cause mine is sooo much faster than hers. hehe i love it.
  12. bhughesiii

bhughesiii Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I might have to give it a try on a stock rooted rom. I love the way it looks, just doesn't play well with BBv1 atm.
  13. xzdarkstarzx

xzdarkstarzx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry if this sounds rude, but i'm just hoping v1.1 will be an ese81 that, oh idk.....works? 'Cuz as great as pete's old stuff was the poor fellow cranked out v1 too soon. All my favorite apps FC on me, and the phone is buggy as hell.

This is after 3 clean installs, just btw. I flashed back to v0.9, awaiting v1.1 with mounds of hope! darkedge will just be a great plus
  14. Dmoralize

Dmoralize Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm working on some icons. I already made a handful... slacker, shazam, wifi tether, barcode scanner, sky maps, etc. Once I get more finished i'm going to check with the DarkEdge guys about posting them up.
  15. jntdroid

Ratings:
    +292
    wow, that's too bad... i've tried every major rom, rooted stock, etc, and bb1.0 is by far the most stable (on par with rooted stock); i didn't start having any fc issues until i installed the adw launcher, and even then it's minimal