Anyone else waiting for a new one?

chimera

Reaction score
Who else out there is waiting to see what new phones are released by this spring with the intent to buy a new one? With so many interesting products from Motorola, HTC, LG, and Samsung being released sort of soon, what will you get?

I really like to Incredible, for the most part, but I think I would like a larger screen, and I am tired of my phone randomly turning itself off and (sometimes) back on. And I have a hope, however small, to get better battery life from a new phone.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm going to let the smoke settle on TB. See where the devs go & hopefully choose by summer.

CursedArmand

Reaction score
I'm going to let the smoke settle on TB. See where the devs go & hopefully choose by summer.

The Thunderbolt specs were embellished from the original rumors. It is now just a Verizon Evo with more display options. 6 months ago I was really excited about the HTC Merge (Lexikon) that was finally announced today. Now it's so horribly out of date I can't even imagine using it for 2yrs.

The bottom line is every phone getting released will have at least 1 drawback. The Merge's processor will be too slow, and no front camera. The HTC TB will be fast today, but in 3 months the Moto Bionic may/may not blow it out of the water with it's $500 laptop dock (the drawback). The VZ iPhone 4 could've had a flawless victory IF it were on the 4G LTE, plus there could be an iPhone 5 announced on 3/02/2011 completely obsoleting its predecessor!

I think I'm at the point where I will never buy a new contract phone, but just swap out for what I need on eBay or CL

TurboDub

Reaction score

The Thunderbolt specs were embellished from the original rumors. It is now just a Verizon Evo with more display options. 6 months ago I was really excited about the HTC Merge (Lexikon) that was finally announced today. Now it's so horribly out of date I can't even imagine using it for 2yrs.

The bottom line is every phone getting released will have at least 1 drawback. The Merge's processor will be too slow, and no front camera. The HTC TB will be fast today, but in 3 months the Moto Bionic may/may not blow it out of the water with it's $500 laptop dock (the drawback). The VZ iPhone 4 could've had a flawless victory IF it were on the 4G LTE, plus there could be an iPhone 5 announced on 3/02/2011 completely obsoleting its predecessor!

I think I'm at the point where I will never buy a new contract phone, but just swap out for what I need on eBay or CL

^^^ exact same idea ^^^ i got my dinc in december right before they got rid of the early upgrade feature. so i may just wait to see what new phones come out by then and take my pick or just like you said buy new ones on ebay and what not. best idea right now.