Anyone else using a zagg sparq?

moot

Reaction score
Mine seems to be loosing its charge very fast. It goes from 75% to less than 25% in a couple of days to a week, when I'm not even using it.

I'm concerned I have a defective product.

Guchi

Reaction score
Mine seems to be loosing its charge very fast. It goes from 75% to less than 25% in a couple of days to a week, when I'm not even using it.

I'm concerned I have a defective product.

call them up. get a replacment it has a month or 2 warranty

OP
moot

moot

Reaction score
Yes, I plan on doing this if others are not experiencing my problem. If this is an issue with all sparqs, than there is no point in returning it. I doubt zagg will give me an honest answer, as to if this is the norm, so I just wanted to see other people's experiences.

Reaction score
ZAGGsparq

Thank you to all posters who alerted ZAGG to the charging malfunction with some of our ZAGGsparq™ Portable Battery Backup & Chargers. We have traced the problem to a quality control issue with a component that we purchased from a third-party manufacturer. The problem did not show up on our internal quality assurance tests because the specific components we were testing were not defective. The issue emerged only when we began shipping the finished products.

This problem poses no safety hazard. Both the ZAGGsparq and your charging devices are completely safe. At ZAGG, we want to ensure that your ZAGGsparq delivers the high quality performance you have come to expect from all ZAGG products.

Therefore, if you have experienced problems with your ZAGGsparq, we will replace it free of charge with our new and improved model that will be available in late March. The new model, the ZAGGsparq 2.0™, will solve the charging issue. Just let us know if you have had a problem.

To receive a replacement ZAGGsparq 2.0 at no cost, customers simply need to mail back their original ZAGGsparq unit. Customers will receive a prepaid shipping label and envelope to return their original unit back to ZAGG for recycling and to qualify for a free ZAGGsparq 2.0.

Please contact us to confirm your mailing address and participate in our Free Replacement Program. You may call us at 1-800-700-ZAGG (M-F, 9am – 5pm, MT), or email us by visiting ZAGG.com/contact.

ZAGG Inc.

Beanfire

Reaction score
Yah, same here recharges pretty fast but called them and they said call back mid march for the 2.0 since they don't have it in stock yet...twiddling my thumbs...waiting...

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Mine charges fine and charges both my Droid and bluetooth headset fine. However, it does lose it's charge pretty fast, like losing 25% every 3 or 4 days.

OP
moot

moot

Reaction score
Will there be any additional features to sparq 2.0, or is it just fix everything in 1.0?

JoeC

Reaction score
So far my sparq has been adequate looking forward to the 2.0 in March

Guchi

Reaction score
Will there be any additional features to sparq 2.0, or is it just fix everything in 1.0?

the Zagg rep told me it is the same design they just fixed internal parts

OP
moot

moot

Reaction score
^

Good to know. I have one sparq that goes from 100% to 25% in about 4-7 days without use, and another that drains my cellphone battery on occasion, when charging. I'm looking forward to the updates.

Last edited:

tommyz

Reaction score
I saw Sparq Version 2 and thought maybe they would add a 12volt car charger, but it sound like that will not be the case.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Has anyone received the return shipping label for their Sparq? I got an email from Zagg 3 weeks ago that said, "You will receive a pre-paid shipping label and envelope to send back your defective ZAGGsparq in the next 1 - 2 weeks.After we receive your ZAGGsparq in the mail and process it, we will send you an email notifying you. Then, once we have the ZAGGsparq 2.0 in stock in late March, we will ship that out to you."

I haven't received it yet and was wondering if anyone has returned their Sparq yet. I see the original Sparq page is up at Zagg and showing Out of Stock.

Guchi

Reaction score
i got my replacment 2.0 and they threw in a set of their zagg buds earphones! the buds are amazing! they sound better than my bose earbuds by a long shot. the 2.0 sparq is working awesome and has an "optimized charge" port now which lets it charge my wifes lg phone too