anyone else try a jb rom, and go back to an ics because of the lack of features?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I flashed CNA this morning, I like it so far.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Can not say I have indulged yet. How is it so far?

Dont know yet, I have the zip on the phone but am waiting for more comments in the PE section after the latest build! Too lazy to go for it just yet! :biggrin:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Dont know yet, I have the zip on the phone but am waiting for more comments in the PE section after the latest build! Too lazy to go for it just yet! :biggrin:

Oh OK. Well if I do ill report back :cool:

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_NEXUS 7

OP
GalaxyFlatulence
Reaction score
Codenamed android is now out. Has alot of normal customization that where standard with ICS

just flashed this. best jb rom i've tried so far. thanks for the heads up. zombie apocalypse theme still won't work though dammit lol (it's on the app market for those wondering)

OP
GalaxyFlatulence
Reaction score
i do have to say, the battery life on these jb roms really stinks. i'll see how codename fairs in that regard after some use...

Saryon

Reaction score
So about that zombie theme. I really would love some info.... please?

MrKleen

Reaction score
While there were a few features I liked from ICS roms I could never go back. Jellybean is just too smooth and wonderful to care about all those features I never used anyway. Some of those ICS roms were so overboard in features just for sake of adding new features... :)

Jellybean is just too good to leave. I honestly don't understand how anyone could go back.

MrKleen

Reaction score
i do have to say, the battery life on these jb roms really stinks. i'll see how codename fairs in that regard after some use...

You gotta be kidding... I don't know what rom you were on but it sounds like a dud. Battery life has been fantastic...

I would suggest trying some different roms.

P.S. XDA and Rootzwiki are not the only sites to get roms....

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You gotta be kidding... I don't know what rom you were on but it sounds like a dud. Battery life has been fantastic...

Tell them where else they can get roms

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Nealius

Reaction score
Im on my 3rd different brand of JB Rom, every update for each has gotten better with more options.
my battery seems to be even better on JB!
I will recomend the dev of the month. JBSourcery is an option packed rom. Eagle1967 and crew have done an amazing job. There are so many options, there is a learning curve involved with it. but once you get a hang of it all. I really dont think you can go back. I know I couldnt, and missed Sourcery when I jumped to JB from ICS.

OP
GalaxyFlatulence
Reaction score

if you read the OP, you'd know i've tried pretty much all jb roms with all new kernels available. glad your battery life is "fantastic", but googling will show you many are experienceing what i did.

on that note, the battery life is good with this codename adroid jb rom i just flashed. this would be the first i've tried where the battery life didn't suck. :biggrin:

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
For folks with bad battery life specifically with JB, do you use Google Now? Do you have things syncing? Latitude on perhaps? Just kinda thinking out loud of some possibilities.

*E2A* I get on par, if not slightly better battery on JB compared to ICS.