Anyone else thinking about Nexus 7?

soulshot96

Reaction score
I've been thinking about upgrading my Xoom lately and now that there's a nexus tablet out with awesome specs and a $199 starting price I'm tempted to sell the ol'xoom, but I did see a post on google blog that the Xoom and the galaxy nexus will be updated to jellybean around the time of the 7's release, and with all this talk of jellybean being a lot smoother I think I'm gonna wait and see what happens...and I might as well wait for a nexus 7 review to. What do you guys think? Anyone gonna upgrade?

SamuelMSr

Reaction score
A maximum of 16 gigs without a micro sd slot to expand it, no way in hell.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

nikecar

Reaction score
yeah.. I'm flopping with the decision. I like it alot, but that storage issue is a problem.

OP
soulshot96

soulshot96

Reaction score
Just got mine yesterday, better than the Xoom in every way. Except memory, which isn't a problem for me, got all my music on Google play. And only got a couple movies in it at a time.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Since they specifically mentioned the Motorola Xoom as getting Jelly Bean at the Google I/O, I wouldn't consider that in your decision. Both Nexus 7 and Xoom will be Jelly Bean, you'll just have to base the rest on features/screen size.

OP
soulshot96

soulshot96

Reaction score
Yeah I thought about that, but the Xoom seemed to get laggier when it got ICS, and I didn't have much faith in jb helping that old of a device.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Yeah I thought about that, but the Xoom seemed to get laggier when it got ICS, and I didn't have much faith in jb helping that old of a device.

Mine got faster/smoother with ICS, definitely not laggier. Did you ever factory reset after the upgrade? i always do that after an OS vesion change...ie HC to ICS.

OP
soulshot96

soulshot96

Reaction score
Yep, factory reset many times, rooted, oced, installed eos, nothing helped.