Anyone else think Motoactv/Droid RAZR is overpriced?

J

JohnDroid

I think the idea for Motoactv is really neat... however, at the price point it's at, it is hard to justify. I think it needs to be in the $150 price point range before it will hit any type of serious market penetration.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
The actv YES.

Especially when you look at the iPod Nano. The new ones are priced:

8GB=$129
16GB=$149

Motorola's on the other hand are:

8GB=$249
16GB=$299

IMO the ACTVE and iPod Nano are similar devices in terms of size and what they can do.

Moto REALLY needs to lower it.

OP
J

JohnDroid

The actv YES.

Especially when you look at the iPod Nano. The new ones are priced:

8GB=$129
16GB=$149

Motorola's on the other hand are:

8GB=$249
16GB=$299

IMO the ACTVE and iPod Nano are similar devices in terms of size and what they can do.

Moto REALLY needs to lower it.

So GPS and Bluetooth being the main differences in hardware that MIGHT justify the price bump. But, I don't think it should be that much.

r314bd

Reaction score
The RAZR I'm guessing will have a 32GB SD card right? There's no way I could justify paying $300 for this phone. If history is any indicator, either Amazon Wireless or Wirefly will drop the price significantly after the holidays, hopefully by which time it will have been rooted and have a whole bunch of accessory options.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
The RAZR I'm guessing will have a 32GB SD card right? There's no way I could justify paying $300 for this phone. If history is any indicator, either Amazon Wireless or Wirefly will drop the price significantly after the holidays, hopefully by which time it will have been rooted and have a whole bunch of accessory options.

RAZR had 16 internal and 16 SD card. Just like the bionic.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would not pay that much for the MotoActiv, $149 tops and that's asking a lot - like the Xoom that launched at a ridiculous $800/600 which is now selling for almost half of that, the price will drop

azules9780

Reaction score
Nope it's not expensive when you look at what it can do. Based on the responses here, most of you guys are looking for a watch to wirelessly transmit music and are not actually interested in using it to workout, log said workouts whilst monitoring your heart rate logging your gps data, lap times, speed, elevation etc.

Do a google search on garmin gps watches and read the review of a whole bunch of watches by squidoo I believe. And you'll see that what this thing is capable of for the price point is actually extremely competitive. Yeah it's on the high end, but again, compare what it can do to what those other watches can do.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Early adopters pay a premium. If they have it priced for that much then I'm sure somebody will buy it. Give it a month to 6 weeks and it'll be significantly cheaper.

lobo13

Reaction score
Droid Razr isn't expensive. All 4gLTE phones come out with this price in mind. The MotoActv is probably priced at that mark because of the ipod.

HotDawg

Reaction score
Nope it's not expensive when you look at what it can do. Based on the responses here, most of you guys are looking for a watch to wirelessly transmit music and are not actually interested in using it to workout, log said workouts whilst monitoring your heart rate logging your gps data, lap times, speed, elevation etc.

Do a google search on garmin gps watches and read the review of a whole bunch of watches by squidoo I believe. And you'll see that what this thing is capable of for the price point is actually extremely competitive. Yeah it's on the high end, but again, compare what it can do to what those other watches can do.

Azules is right - this isn't competing with the iPod Nano at all. And really, it's not competing with Garmin, either. It's competing with the purchase of an iPod Nano ($130) and Garmin Forerunner ($200+) together. Plus, wireless uploading; plus, syncs with phone; plus mini-trainer in your ear; plus learns your best songs; plus, you only have to carry one gadget...plus plus plus.

IMHO, it wins, too.

budwizer

Reaction score
Azules is right - this isn't competing with the iPod Nano at all. And really, it's not competing with Garmin, either. It's competing with the purchase of an iPod Nano ($130) and Garmin Forerunner ($200+) together. Plus, wireless uploading; plus, syncs with phone; plus mini-trainer in your ear; plus learns your best songs; plus, you only have to carry one gadget...plus plus plus.

IMHO, it wins, too.

Totally agree with this and pre-ordered the 16GB along with the bluetooth earphones with heart monitor. Never liked carrying my phone on runs and this will allow me track my times, route, heart, etc. and listen to music Between this and my RAZR it is like Christmas before Thanksgiving!