Anyone else rocking the D3 naked?

Droid3Guy

Reaction score
i've never heard of wet/dry screen protectors. what are they?

Zagg makes a screen protector that you have to spray a solution to both sides of it before applying. Then, once you stick it to the phone wet, you have to use some sort of squeegee on it to make sure there are no bubbles left. I've heard that some people have had problems with them leaking solution into their phones. I don't know how common that is, but I just don't want to chance it.

joshhh

Reaction score
Was rocking it without anything til I got a thin line across the screen. Never been dropped either. Kind of pissed. Gonna get a maximum zagg protector on it asap.

Sent from my DROID3

hoosiermama

Reaction score
No case here. Didn't have one on my D1 either. Then again, I keep it in the pocket in my purse, with nothing else in the pocket. I did have a skin on the D1, but I don't have one on this phone. I like it the way it is.

pyro6128

Reaction score
rocked the d1 naked, d2 too. Then I dropped the d2 and shorted out the screen. Now I use a case and screen protector on my d3. I've already dropped it twice, which is more than enough reason for me to keep using the case. Every now and then though I take it out just to look at how sexy it is.

KZ_259

Reaction score
No case here. Didn't have one on my D1 either. Then again, I keep it in the pocket in my purse, with nothing else in the pocket. I did have a skin on the D1, but I don't have one on this phone. I like it the way it is.

purse? you're not a guy right?

pxndx89

Reaction score
I got the otterbox for.mine n I like it

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

XT860

Reaction score
No cases or screen protector for my D1 and D3. I have dropped them plenty and have no screen scratches..

Sent from my XT860 using DroidForums

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Was polishing up my D1's screen last night (even thought I haven't turned it on in weeks! -- it's still my precious) and OHNO there is a 1-inch...well, not exactly a scratch...more like a scratch-like scuff on the glass. :( I had always thought it was completely scratch-free, but now I see that it probably has a half-dozen really, really, really fine "scratches". (Again, they aren't scratches so much as super-fine lines)

I think I noted earlier in this thread that if (a) the D3 has a glare coating (that the D1 lacks) and (b) the D3 is subjected to the same abuse as the D1, it's just a matter of time before scratches (whether "fine" or "real") begin to appear. :( But the discovery on my D1 last night makes me feel a lot less cavalier about it! I can't imagine getting a screen protector for my D3 (yet). If there's a bright side to all this, it's "don't shine your screen or you'll notice new scratches!!!" LOL

-Matt

Erikbal

Reaction score
I have no case but was just about to put up a post about screen protectors.

DELUXDroid

Reaction score
No screen protectors or cases. They ruin the device for me. No damage to mine, still feels and looks like new. Just gotta not be a total spaz with your phones. :p

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Was polishing up my D1's screen last night (even thought I haven't turned it on in weeks! -- it's still my precious)

lol I love it, you haven't used the phone in weeks and you're sitting there polishing the screen. Perhaps it's funny to me because I do the same thing. My ol' Droid sits right next to my bed, battery perpetually charged to 40%. I sometimes give it a boot. Soo...slow...

MECHANO

Reaction score
Yo! Definitely rockin' muh nekkid D3...