Anyone else notice that HTC forgot to add accessibility apps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

solorca

Reaction score
HTC can't be sued.

They have made no claims about this being a phone that is accessable to anyone with any kind of handicap. The fact that the menu is there without any options doesn't mean anything when it comes to a lawsuit, because just having a menu isn't a form of advertising.

In order to have a valid lawsuit, someone would have to be able to prove that HTC intentionally mislead consumers into thinking that it was accessable. In order for it to be considered discrimination, someone would have to prove that HTC is purposefully denying disabled people from using their product. Simply not having an option for them isn't discriminating.

The only way that someone could possibly file suit against HTC would be if those specific accessability options are required legally to be on the phone. Otherwise, they are simply producing a phone that doesn't have that particular option.

OP
adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
When you can't say something intelligent, you insult the posters.

Thats why, ignore the child.

OP
adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
HTC can't be sued.

They have made no claims about this being a phone that is accessable to anyone with any kind of handicap. The fact that the menu is there without any options doesn't mean anything when it comes to a lawsuit, because just having a menu isn't a form of advertising.

In order to have a valid lawsuit, someone would have to be able to prove that HTC intentionally mislead consumers into thinking that it was accessable. In order for it to be considered discrimination, someone would have to prove that HTC is purposefully denying disabled people from using their product. Simply not having an option for them isn't discriminating.

The only way that someone could possibly file suit against HTC would be if those specific accessability options are required legally to be on the phone. Otherwise, they are simply producing a phone that doesn't have that particular option.
'

Thank you for your input.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
cleaned.............

Please keep the insults off the thread and boards.

Thanks.

gatorbait

Reaction score
My question was, can HTC be sued? Thats not an assumption, thats a question.
The implicit assumption behind your question is that there is a potential relationship between an empty accessibility menu and a claim for false advertising or discrimination. Without this implicit assumption there is no logical basis to ask the question.

In itself, the menu has zero relationship to false advertising, but your question is solid example of deductive reasoning. You can feel free to call the implicit assumptions that support your question your premises, but colloquially, they mean the same thing.

OP
adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Alright, stop assuming that I made an assumption.

Why are you making this an off topic argument? Its completely irrelevant.

The title of this thread has nothing to do with you trying to analyze whether or not I made an assumption. If I said I did not, then there it is. The best you can do is assume that indeed I did. Either way, its irrelevant to whats being discussed.

Really, the discussion has run its course anyway, and some turds who fought the current and did not remain flushed, have filtered in to call me names (not you obviously). More will come I am sure. So I think I will request a lock.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.