Anyone else having this problem with widgets for news feed and fb????

maxwell1869

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if I am the only one having this problem? It seems for about a month or so my news feeds widget ( like for top stories and E! online updates) has stopped working so has my facebook status updates for social networking widget. I have tried deleting them and putting them back up and they will work for about an hour or so but then it says "no recent updates" its been saying that for like 2 weeks now. I called VZW and they said there was no known issue but I read online this happen about a year ago but couldn't find a fix for it. I dont want to to send my phone in for a used one to replace it .. my phone works fine other than the usual hang ups every once in a while. What can I do??? Thanks in advance.

j1d10t

Reaction score
I had this same problem with my news widget. Tried deleting the widget, adding it back, tried deleting the news feeds, adding them back... No luck. I switched to Google Reader for my news (not as cool as the built in news, though). The only thing I didn't try was a factory reset - I'm rooted, running .605, no custom ROMs or anything.

So not sure what to tell you about Facebook (I don't use FB), but you are not alone with the news problem.

sammyr

Reaction score
Did you ever get this resolved? I have the same issue - but for my Twitter account, and don't know why there are no updates!

OP
M

maxwell1869

Reaction score
no:( I haven't hopefully someone will. I am thinking about going to iphone 5 this summer

3Styx

Reaction score
I started having this problem a few months ago, seems to last about 2 weeks, then the feeds will start running again. Ofcourse it will stop again. I have enjoyed my droidx, but will be switching to the iphone 5 this summer, it just works.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Mtnhorse

Reaction score
Mine started doing the same thing a few months ago. I used to be able to get it started again by tuning it off and taking the battery out for a while. It wouldn't get older updates but new ones would start coming in, but after a day or two it stops again. Last few times even that isn't working. I really don't want to do a factory reset and re-install everything so I'm hoping someone has the answer.

sammyr

Reaction score
Yea, it is surprising, my Twitter feeds just started working again.

Not sure about the iPhone 5 - found iPhone to be very limiting - Apple likes to control the user experience, and you can make it your own. I switched about 2 years ago from iPhone, my daughter has it now, and waiting on the iPhone 5 - my 2 colleagues at work just gave up their iPhone 4's for Andriod (Samsung Galaxy S2 & Samsung Note), and they love it.

kdog78

Reaction score
Droid x!!! Wtf?

I have had my Droid X since late 2010 and have had repeated problems with the News feeds. I setup all these custom rss feeds and used them everyday and then they just all stopped one day. I left them alone because I thought maybe there wernt any news updates...after 2 days I kinda ruled that out. They didnt work for 2 months and I just left them on their own lonely non-updating panel. I read about all these other people that had the same problems and thought there would be some 'update' or 'fix' for the problem, alas nothing! Big suprise (sarcasm). About 2 weeks ago I deleted them all and started over and magically they all worked again! Sweet, back in business. WELL, AGAIN today we have "No recent unread articles" and those rss feeds I stupidly setup again do not work! Stupid me, thinking it would work again and wasting my time. AND dont get me wrong its not just the news feeds, its the constant rebooting, not actually storing my pictures or videos when I take them, not getting my email until a day later (WTF), cant hookup to wifi with any regularity or keep connectivity once connected, cannot watch netflix without constant buffering, apps locking cause not enough ram, and the list goes on - the news feeds are just the last straw. Funny thing is i HATE Apple and have been a staunch supporter of Google Android. One thing I really like is when I pay $130/mo for a service and pay $300 for a phone I really want something that WORKS and doesnt WASTE MY TIME! Promises promises - the next version will fix your problems, ahem, sorry the NEXT version will fix your problems. Verizon, you suck. Motorola, you suck. Google, you suck. Android, you suck. Had enough of your BS. Drove me to join APPLE, thats how pissed you have made me! Hope you all can swim cause the ship is a sinking, Im out Peace!