Anyone else having sync issues?

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by lessonz, Jan 15, 2011.

1. lessonz

lessonz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't see anyone post this issue in the main release thread, but it's a bit of a behemoth. No problems with v4, but v4.1 isn't syncing twitter for me. Any ideas? I followed GLD's install method, I tried deleting twitter's data, and I de-activated sync, restarted, re-activated sync, and restart, all to no avail. Thanks.

2. lessonz

lessonz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Huh, I guess I'll take that to mean I'm on my own. Oh well.

3. selvikin

selvikin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't had any issues but I keep the sync turned off quite a bit.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

4. LoMoPo

LoMoPo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am also having sync issues with Twitter.
    Both Facebook and Twitter weren't syncing new photos, so I removed both accounts and the Blur Social Networking widgets, then re-added them. The Facebook pics are working fine now, but I can't get any Twitter updates, at all! Like the widget went dead. I'm continuing to remove the Twitter account and re-add it, hoping it will start working.

Worst case scenario is a Hard master reset, which I've had to do before when these widgets weren't working before. A Moto tech suggested this and it did work. However, he did say if you have to do this again, a new phone may be the answer. :icon_eek:

5. bhughesiii

bhughesiii Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The only issue with sync that I have is if I turn it on using the pull down Galaxy S style power widget, it does not appear to sync. I have to go into gmail and hit refresh to get my email instead of it just downloading on it's own with sync turned on.

6. lessonz

lessonz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I actually ended up rolling back to a v4.1 backup I'd done. I didn't get this issue resolved, I wasn't getting calls, and outgoing signal quality was terrible. During that, and since rolling back to v4.1, I haven't been able to *22899 as I keep getting a "all circuits busy" error before the process seems to complete. As I'm in the middle of a move, I didn't really have time to try to resolve the issue. At least with v4.1, even though I can't complete a *22899, my call clarity seems to be back and Twitter is syncing properly.

Good luck, LoMoPo.

7. lessonz

lessonz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, so I'm back to 4.2 now that the move has settled down, but I'm still having sync issues with twitter. Anyone else? I've deleted the app, re-installed it from the market, disable sync, re-enabled sync, deleted data, and all of that with restarts thrown in between. And after all of that, I still have to manually check for new tweets. Is it really possible I'm the only one?

Thanks for any help.

8. crazyxzer0

crazyxzer0 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i'm having sync issues with facebook

I select "sync with existing contacts" and when I reboot, it goes back to Don't Sync.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling facebook and had no luck.

edit:

I believe I have found the reason facebook and twitter kept deleting my accounts.

Facebook and Twitter were on the SDcard and my accounts & sync in settings would not show twitter or facebook. I put back Facebook and Twitter back onto phone memory (which is alot of space..) and now the accounts are back after rebooting. Yay!!

Hope that can help someone

9. aggiechase37

aggiechase37 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My gmail won't push email. Google voice seems to push sms and voicemail ok, text messaging works, but gmail I have to go in and manually hit refresh. I wipe data and cache 3x flashing from gpa13 to 14. Using Pete's sv 600mhz kernel. Anyone else having this issue?? Maybe I'm overlooking something stupid! Have background data enabled, sync is on. So I don't know. Thanks in advance for the responses...

10. webeougher

webeougher Member

Ratings:
    +0
    From your homescreen, press menu, choose settings, then choose Accounts and Sync. Select your Gmail/google account and make sure "Sync Gmail" is checked. For whatever reason, in GPA builds, this is not selected by default.

(Also, this has been discussed numerous times, so you could probably save yourself time and frustration if you use the search feature.)

11. tmc

tmc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am having a similar issue. My Gmail just stops syncing every now and then. Manually hitting refresh brings up the "Loading conversations..." message and stays there forever. I wiped 3 times before installing GPA14. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Gmail. I do have Gmail sync turned on in account settings. I've tried switching to airplane mode and back, but no luck. The only thing that gets it syncing again is a reboot. Odd thing is, I've never had the SMS problem so many others have.

12. webeougher

webeougher Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That sounds like a separate issue, and the only thing I can think to suggest would be to wipe and reinstall, which is a pain. But...it might help.

13. tmc

tmc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I figured on a fresh wipe and install when GPA15 is released, if it's not too far off. For now I can live with it. But after rereading the OP, I agree with you that it does sound like a separate issue. Sorry Aggie if I hijacked your thread.

14. tjk629

tjk629 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    If I'm not mistaken gmail isn't included in GPA builds. You have to go and get it from the market. Then you go and check it after install.

I believe it's the same with other google services like reader and what not.

15. phonegoddess

phonegoddess New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    co-worker with Droid 2 traveling in China - major cities. active sync email stopped working. deleted account and attempts to reenter are failing. Phone works, no internet, gmail, etc. Suggestions?

Search tags for this page

*22899 all circuits are busy

*22899 all curcuits busy