Anyone else having problems?

spdivr1122

Reaction score
Hey everyone,just got my revolution the day it came out. Im having problems with booting it up. For some god forsaken reason, randomly it just wont turn on and go to a gray screen. I cant figure out any way to fix it. The only way ive been able to is to factory reset it and ive already had to twice. just trying to figure out if anyone else has had this problem

Saporia

Reaction score
Hi,

I just had to get a new LG Rev because I tried to change the network to 3g (trying to compare battery life) the thing went to reboot and never came back on. The sales people and I were scared to try it again with the new phone. Anyway, you should go get a new,phone before they try that BS of mailing you one. Holla back, :)

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums App

OP
S

spdivr1122

Reaction score
So I switched to 3g fine. Tried to go back to 4g and it froze at a gray screen again. LG should really do something. My phone better not reset anymore I really like it :(

GunnerJim

Reaction score
Like I said in other post, I switched back and forth a few times, I live in 3G Area, I put it in LTE/CDMA mode to go to Seattle today. I have not seen this issue yet.

Networkgamer

Reaction score
Got my revolution on launch, ironically the first one that store had sold (late in the day?). Anyway, admittedly I had a few 4g problems after rooting, that was pure idiocy on my part haha. Thought "ltetestapp" was bloatware, shouldve known to keep it. Anyway, before and after that, I have switched it between both many many times, no issues, and now its back to rooted just fine and still nothing wrong.

WillFCDroid

Reaction score
Got my revolution on launch, ironically the first one that store had sold (late in the day?). Anyway, admittedly I had a few 4g problems after rooting, that was pure idiocy on my part haha. Thought "ltetestapp" was bloatware, shouldve known to keep it. Anyway, before and after that, I have switched it between both many many times, no issues, and now its back to rooted just fine and still nothing wrong.

I bought mine on launch day also, and I was the first person to buy one.... at about 6:30PM, lol. I think part of it had to do with the sales reps not knowing anything about the phone. They were also pushing the Thunderbolt pretty hard on several customers.

Anyway, back on topic. I have been using the LTE Switch app (just a shortcut to the phones built-in setting) for three days now, and have not had this problem. I use it two or three times a day, switching back and forth, depending on where I am. I don't like that you have to reboot every time, but I can live with it.

The only reoccurring problem I seem to be having is an unrecognized device message in Windows 7x64 when connected to usb. It hasn't affected file transfers, but it does come up almost at random whenever it is on usb. It does this even in charge only mode. I've looked for a Windows driver, but no dice. Once, it went to the Verizon logo screen like it was rebooting, but did not shut down all the way. That was on the first day, but it hasn't happened again. Not sure what caused it. One time I had to do a battery pull after trying a few different camera apps back to back. They didn't agree with each other and the phone hard locked. It seemed like maybe some kind of resource conflict. I don't think this was the phone, but rather the apps that caused it. Hasn't happened since.

The phone has been solid otherwise, and battery life has stayed pretty consistent. I'm pretty happy with the Rev.

OP
S

spdivr1122

Reaction score
I tried to use that lte switch app and I thought that's what screwed up my phone cuz it didn't work oddly enough. On Sunday I switched from 4g tto 3g only to save battery. When I tried to go back to 4g when it rebooted it went to a gray screen and wouldn't turn all the way on and a battery pull doesn't fix it so I had to factory reset again. but since then no problems. I can deal with the battery life its pretty good for 4g n my opinion and I'm really happy with this phone.

Sent from my LG Revolution

WillFCDroid

Reaction score
I tried to use that lte switch app and I thought that's what screwed up my phone cuz it didn't work oddly enough. On Sunday I switched from 4g tto 3g only to save battery. When I tried to go back to 4g when it rebooted it went to a gray screen and wouldn't turn all the way on and a battery pull doesn't fix it so I had to factory reset again. but since then no problems. I can deal with the battery life its pretty good for 4g n my opinion and I'm really happy with this phone.

Sent from my LG Revolution

Did you use the one by Geoffrey Buttercrumbs? On my phone, his app just takes me straight to the phones built in Mobile network settings screen. All it does is save a few clicks. I just used it a few minutes ago. No problems so far... knock on wood.

The LTE OnOFF TeamAndIRC app by Cunning Logic didn't work. It took me to a settings screen with all sorts of options, but I couldn't make the changes stick.

OP
S

spdivr1122

Reaction score
that is not the one I used, so the one I used didn't say it supported the revo so I'm an idiot :p

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

WillFCDroid

Reaction score
I wouldn't say that, lol. You could probably just make a sortcut to the setting, but the app was easier.

OP
S

spdivr1122

Reaction score
I got proof of what happens on video!!!!!! Has this happened to anyone yet?!
[video=youtube;IOGM__SQB6Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGM__SQB6Y]YouTube - ‪LG Revolution Boot Problem‬‏[/video]

im about to go to the verizon store and once again get another phone. Argh.

Had to go replace it with my third brand new one, by the way. This is getting obnoxious.

Last edited:

Brian1821

Reaction score
Grey screen and dial pad issues

hi,

I am also having issues with grey screen. the most annoying issue is with the dial pad. I try to dial a complete phone number but light on screen goes off. light will come back on but will promptly go back off before i can dial additional digits. anyone else have this issue or know of a fix?

Big Cam

Reaction score
I got proof of what happens on video!!!!!! Has this happened to anyone yet?!
YouTube - ‪LG Revolution Boot Problem‬‏

im about to go to the verizon store and once again get another phone. Argh.

Had to go replace it with my third brand new one, by the way. This is getting obnoxious.

Don't bother, it's something in LG's software, just have the Verizon employees log out in their manufacturers issues forums, LG needs to be made aware so they push out a fix.