anyone else having problems with google voicemail recently?

chomorro

Reaction score
Google voice has been working fine for me but it the past month it has been acting strange. I miss a call the person leaves a voicemail, I get a text translation which is hard to decode because my friends don't speak clearly ;). So I call my google voice number, enter my password, I get the you have one new voicemail message, I wait to listen to the message and there is nothing. I get a second of silence and then the options to mark as read, save etc etc. I tried marking it as new and relistening, and I tried just pressing 1 to replay several times and still nothing. But they difinitely leave a message because I get 3 longs texts with the translation.

Not a huge problem since I call them back but slightly annoying since they always ask did you listen to my message....... takes to long to explain google voice to them let alone problems with it.

Anyone else?

R1Lover

Reaction score
nope, mine works great, I use it everyday for at least 15 plus messages.

bastosero

Reaction score
You can also just download the Google Voice app in the market so that you don't have to dial to check for voicemails. The app will fetch them automatically when there are voicemails for your account and it will notify you in the notifications. Just download it and set up your account with it. Then change the settings that you want with it. By the way, mine's working fine as well.

OP
C

chomorro

Reaction score
hmmmm i wonder why mine is broken lol. Im going to check out that app, thanks.

OP
C

chomorro

Reaction score
EDIT: so i figured it out........ I got a google number two months ago and i never logged into my account to activate google voicemail on it since i had already done it once. IM an idiot lol, i logged in and activated google voice mail on the phone and it works now. I didnt know you had to redo it once you get a gv # :).

Thanks guys

bastosero

Reaction score
EDIT: so i figured it out........ I got a google number two months ago and i never logged into my account to activate google voicemail on it since i had already done it once. IM an idiot lol, i logged in and activated google voice mail on the phone and it works now. I didnt know you had to redo it once you get a gv # :).

Thanks guys

Now just login to your account at www.voice.google.com to edit your other settings there. Also, check to see if your voicemail is working. If it's not, there's a fix for that, too.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Heh heh. Just remember troubleshooting step 1: What changed recently?

Blowzo

Reaction score
I just disconnected mine. I was getting people saying that it would go straight to Voicemail, others would say It wouldn't have a message (sometimes) and other times it did. Sometimes I would hear i get a completely different message then other times.

In closing I use my phone for work, and it's too inconsistent to trust. $2.99 visual voicemail from Verizon it is.... What a bummer, because in theory I loved Google voicemail.

Note: I had the phone app, and I think it was all setup correctly, as it worked most of the time... just not all the time.