1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Anyone else having market problems?

Discussion in 'LithiumMod' started by brad r, Jun 24, 2010.

1. brad r

brad r New Member

So I'm having this issue with the market. It's trying to download Skyfire but it's been stuck at "downloading" for 2 days. If I tap "cancel download", the market force closes. I've tried rebooting several times, deleting skyfire, and cleaning cache. I'm not sure what else to try short of fully restoring a backup, which I don't really want to do.

Thoughts?

Kangerade 1.0 blueberry, P3 1.25 kernal clocked at 1.1
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  2. Sweet Daddy

Sweet Daddy New Member

This happens to me from time to time, but when I hit "cancel download" and download it again it goes through with no problems.
  3. brad r

brad r New Member

yeah I have fixed it that way before too, but this time I can't, because I get a force close every time I hit cancel download. :(
  4. musicandnumbers

musicandnumbers New Member

I've had this problem too. Anyone else have applications you've uninstalled showing up still in your downloads? I can't seen to get rid of them. They show up as free not installed, but that shouldn't be there at all...any ideas?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  5. mike919

mike919 New Member

upgrade to Kangerade 1.1.

you don't have to wipe data if your coming from 1.0. its got the market fix integrated. I've had zero market issues.

just have to reinstall any launcher/kernel you were using. set up your home screens... but all data will stay.
  6. musicandnumbers

I just got 1.1 yesterday. Haven't had to download anything yet.

7. brad r

brad r New Member

The weird thing is, I never installed 1.0. I initially installed Kangerade through the 1.1 customizer in ROM manager yesterday, but it says I have 1.0 installed in About Phone.

I did install the blue clock/notification bar. Could that have done it?
  8. mike919

mike919 New Member

I don't believe the services.jar has anything to do with the Market. Try downloading the ROM from the OP, and do a fresh install... unfortunately thats all we can do until we get a stable build straight from the source and not a ported ROM...

obviously you did wipe before coming to froyo?
  9. brad r

brad r New Member

Yes I wiped before coming to froyo, but I came to kangerade from simply stunning, and I didn't wipe when I did that. Did I need to?

I didn't mean to imply that the notification bar change would affect the market, but I was wondering if applying the change as an update.zip would change my version of kangerade from 1.1 to 1.0? I didn't check to make sure I had 1.1 after I initially installed it, I just kind of assumed...
  10. mike919

mike919 New Member

ohh... no on the version number... there was a post somewhere from J that he forgot to change the txt file that controls the version number... so that you can ignore...

as far as the data wipe, i wipe data EVERY time i change ROMS... if i'm upgrading the same rom i don't bother, but if i'm changing ROMS even on the same build number i wipe data... too much intertwining going on.. i'll bet if you do a fresh install with a data/cache wipe you'll be good to go...
  11. brad r

brad r New Member

Hmm, okay, I guess I'll try that then. It just hate having to restore everything after a wipe. Oh well.

Thanks.
  12. mike919

mike919 New Member

i know, i hear ya... thats why i use shootme to take snapshots of my desktop screens so i can revert back easily and knew how i had everything set up... makes it a little less painful...

drawbacks of making a great phone even better!

do you use titanium by any chance? I've seen people have problems if they use titanium before everything syncs... i try not to use it on froyo until i know my market is up and running...
  13. brad r

brad r New Member

Yeah I did use titanium when I restored my apps on simply stunning, but I had zero issues with that ROM.

The only reason I went to Kangerade was for the additional customization, but I may just revert to SS and be content till the ROMs built from official froyo start coming out.
  14. dr2ww62

dr2ww62 New Member

If you long-press on the downloading app instead of short-pressing it, it gives you a pop-up menu that you can cancel from without the force-close. Then you can restart and it should work.

This happened to me and this is how I fixed it. Hope it helps.
  15. blnko6

blnko6 New Member

i just flashed this rom and having the same issue with the market ! i cant down load any apps, it says in "dowloading" . did any of you guys know how to fix this??
    thanks.
  16. musicandnumbers

My uninstalled applications show as free in my downloads. I've attached a picture. Any ideas?

17. musicandnumbers

Anybody?

18. dr2ww62

dr2ww62 New Member

Do they disappear after a few days or maybe reboot? I have that happen after I uninstall something, but it goes away. Here is my theory: Google keeps track of all the apps on your phone so if your phone gets wiped it can restore them. When you uninstall something it takes awhile to register on the Google side that its been removed from your phone, so it still shows up in your "downloads" section, but it isn't installed so it just says "free". Once Google registers it as uninstalled then it will disappear. Maybe for some reason Google isn't registering your apps as removed. Maybe try reinstalling and removing them again and then wait a day to see what happens?

Dunno, just a theory. I don't have a clue how it really works, but that seems like it would make sense to me.
  19. musicandnumbers

They don't disappear after a few days unfortunately. I thought this as well, but reinstalling and uninstalling doesn't get rid of them. This just started a few weeks ago. My uninstalled applications used to go away. I'm not sure what's going on, but it's rather annoying because I now have tons of applications in my downloads, and I gave to scroll through.