1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Anyone else having issues with proximity sensor?

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by razorseal, Sep 24, 2010.

1. razorseal

razorseal New Member

When I'm on the phone the screen randomly is going on and off... if i'm on the phone for a while, I'm hanging up on people because the screen is going on and my cheek is touching the buttons, and sometimes the hang up buton hanging up on people... lol

so far with my cheeck,

I hung up on people
    i put people on speaker
    i muted people
    and pressed dialpad and actually dialed a couple digits

annoying, and funny as well. but more annoying :)

so am I alone with this?
  2. Heidilou

Heidilou New Member

Razor,
    You are not alone. I am having the exact same problem and it is very frustrating. I have searched the message boards and can't find anything mentioned about it.
    HeidiLou
  3. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

4. Heidilou

Heidilou New Member

5. razorseal

razorseal New Member

I just came here to post that, it's the angle of the phone, not the sensor....

it's very annoying and I might be switching roms because of it.

i LOVE this rom, it's the fastest thing out there right now, but for the life of me, I have to keep my phone straight up in calls, otherwise I loose the call because the screen goes on, and i'm touching buttons!!!

and the dev hasn't really made a single update to all the problems we're having for close to a month now so, that's no bueno either :(
  6. actngrezy

actngrezy New Member Developer

Not many people are having issues. I know the sensor issues was something that happened with froyo its on all roms built off the frg22d and leaks. Some source roms have had a fix which I will look into. And I've been working on building the next release from source but the majority of users are not have many issues at all and are saying its stable fast and have no f.c issues. A lot of issues are do to different themes and I know that wired tether app doesn't work and the d2 keyboard is cauing keyboard issues but other then that what else do you seem to be having problems with?
    Most of the issues I have seen are gmail and lp not being able to update and that's because they are in system/app so they need to be removed first. And the other issues in the bug thread seem to be across multiple roms such as the phone slider issue.
    Hopefully everything works out and with this next release your a little more happy. Sorry if phone turning on is a major issue I know a few people w stock non rooted who have the issue for they always hang up on me when talking. I will def look into trying to work a fix for this.
    And there hasn't been an update for I was trying to build the next release from source so I can start adding more features that people all want so between that and works it has taken a majority of my time.
  7. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

Yep, that's what I said in the other thread- its the angle, not true sensor like you originally thought. And switching roms wont help, cuz it is a froyo issue. If you search around the forums you'll see that its an issue in a lot of roms. I think chevy might have a fix, but I haven't heard if it works.

Btw, PE was released 15 days ago, not a month. Give the guy some slack- che k around and I think you'll see that PE has about the shortest bug thread of any rom. But, if you wanna switch you most certainly can. I bet you'll be back for the source built update, tho... ;)
  8. h4ckd

h4ckd New Member

i had the same problems with the prox sensor.
    but what worked for me was a complete format of data/cache/boot/system and reflashing the rom and kernel.
    bang, no more prox sensor problem.
    hope this helps someone.
  9. phenix

phenix New Member

EDIT:
    NVM, I finally noticed the script "installcytown" After running that script I have the setting to always use the proximity sensor available. Woot!
    /EDIT

I know this is an old thread, but I have not seen a solution yet. I know CM and some other roms have a setting under the "call settings " screen to disable rotation sensor, since it's caused by the fact that rotating to landscape is what causes the phone to ignore the proximity sensor.
Search tags for this page

evo proximity sensor settings

galaxy s4 proximity sensor always on

galaxy s4 proximity sensor not turning on

galaxy s4 proximity sensor not working

galaxy s4 proximity sensor problem

htc incredible proximity sensor

proximity sensor not working on s4

proximity sensor samsung s duos turn on
s4 proximity
s4 proximity sensor fix

s4 proximity sensor issue