Anyone else having an issue with Google Checkout not taking payments?

gszeman

Reaction score
Hi,

I was trying to buy a couple of apps in the market, but I got an e-mail saying that my credit card didn't go through. I checked and have plenty of money in the account. The only thing I could think was that it was because the amount was in £'s. I tried 3 apps in £'s and one in $'s and the $'s transaction went through without an issue. I tried to edit my credit card, thinking maybe I had the wrong exp. date or wrong CCV code...but it was all correct.

Has anyone else had this issue? And if so, how did you get around it?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Glenn

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was trying to buy a couple of apps in the market, but I got an e-mail saying that my credit card didn't go through. I checked and have plenty of money in the account. The only thing I could think was that it was because the amount was in £'s. I tried 3 apps in £'s and one in $'s and the $'s transaction went through without an issue. I tried to edit my credit card, thinking maybe I had the wrong exp. date or wrong CCV code...but it was all correct.

Has anyone else had this issue? And if so, how did you get around it?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Glenn

If you have a prepaid card it will not work with foreign currency. If it isn't a prepaid card then your bank probably thinks it's protecting you. ;)

OP
gszeman

gszeman

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the reply. It's just a Visa debit card...I'm assuming it's the bank thinking they are protecting me...dammit!