Anyone else having a hard time explaining WHY the Gnex is so great?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I like putting it this way. Tell them it's a phone for Android enthusiasts. Kinda like why some people would buy an BMW M3 vs a regular 3-series. They make look the same on the outside, but it's what's going on inside that counts :)

Funny timing, I just took my M3 for a very important drive. To the liq for beer!!:D The one big difference between the phones is the locked bootloader. It's like the 328i's hood wont open so you cant touch. The M3's hood on the other hand opens with ease!

bmkdroid

Reaction score
Except an m3 has a different motor..brakes.. exhaust. Rims. Gearbox than say a base 328i. ...the gnex has what different than rzr or bionic? 4430 and 4460 same exact chipset..same powervr chipset. No sd card..same ram..... :p

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Yep, Razr and GNex are pretty similar spec-wise, both just have a few tradeoffs.

Razr - Thin, SD Card, Build quality
GNex - Removable Battery, Stock android, ICS NOW (and quicker updates)

I personally HATED the way the razr felt in my hand, and the screen didn't look too good to me. Nor am I a fan of moto's custom UI. Throwing in the Rezound, I definitely like how it felt, but hated Sense UI, and have never really been a fan of HTC phones. So, the GNex won for me among the 3 top-end VZW phones atm. dancedroid Ohwell though, they are all just a buncha sexy androids!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Funny timing, I just took my M3 for a very important drive. To the liq for beer!!:D The one big difference between the phones is the locked bootloader. It's like the 328i's hood wont open so you cant touch. The M3's hood on the other hand opens with ease!

Upon further review, all are M3's just the Nexus is the only one with a hood that will open. BTW, some jackhole stole my hood and trunk roundel emblems :mad:

mrmark27

Reaction score
when showing it off to my iphone friends, i just put on a youtube video and show them how awesome it looks at 4g speeds on a 4.65" 720p screen