Anyone else having a 3G signal problem?

PhDCow

Reaction score
My phone drops to 1G at home, of all places. I have to remember to ask my husband to give me access to our wireless network (he has it locked down tight).

Guchi

Reaction score
its like you have ATT. are you dropping calls too? lol

cabagekiller

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie. But most service companies be it cell phones or internet blame it on the thing they don't use. When I used to call about my internet being down, the ISP blamed it on the router and the router blamed it on the ISP. Its in essence their scapegoat. It may be both but more often than not it is the wireless company or ISP. This is just from my experience.

Jaylor

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie. But most service companies be it cell phones or internet blame it on the thing they don't use. When I used to call about my internet being down, the ISP blamed it on the router and the router blamed it on the ISP. Its in essence their scapegoat. It may be both but more often than not it is the wireless company or ISP. This is just from my experience.

No doubt! Companies never want to take responsibility for their own issues. It is even worse then they are really huge companies like Verizon, Comcast etc. In my experience you have to call them and be VERY forceful in asserting that it is NOT an issue with your equipment (IE router etc). Sadly, Verizon is so huge they just don't care.

Even worse in this case is that I'm really starting to think it IS an issue with the Droid that Verizon doesn't understand and is unwilling or unable to push back to Google and Motorolla to get fixed.

trumpet444

Reaction score
My 3g fluctuates constantly, up to three times a minute. I live in the middle of Richmond Virginia so I know I'm not in a dead zone. It goes from full 3g to one bar at 1x, and sometimes down to zero coverage at all. Vzw customer service reps at various stores are of no help. They look at it for a few minutes and suggest a hard reset. My phone is all factory, no mods. It aggravates the crap out of me, I was made to sign up for an unlimited data plan and I'm receiving limited to no actual data coverage.

darreno1

Reaction score
^^Does it fluctuate everywhere or just at home? Do you have another phone you can compare it to?

trumpet444

Reaction score
It does it everywhere, and I can compare it to my old LG "V" from 2005, and it doesn't do the same thing. Keeps a strong evdo/3g signal while my droid bounces in and out

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It does it everywhere, and I can compare it to my old LG "V" from 2005, and it doesn't do the same thing. Keeps a strong evdo/3g signal while my droid bounces in and out

In this instance then I would say it's a problem with the phone, not a tower. Return it for another one, my Droid holds a good solid 3G signal.

trumpet444

Reaction score
I'm sure you're right. I just wish it were a simple software fix. I'm gonna wait until after 2.1 rolls around to return it. Maybe the update will resolve it, but that could be October for all we know!

Tuberculosium

Reaction score
So does anyone have a fix other than reinstalling the battery......my phone has apparently become my life line since i have bought it for my work and personal life...........

:motdroidhoriz: > :iphone: