Anyone else have this problem?

korn5979

Reaction score
I've flashed 1.3 so many times and even followed the install instructions word for word. And in about phone in the settings menu, it still says 1.2...

Sent from my wonderful phone that rules all phones, my pocket rocket, the ROOTED DROID BIONIC.

painball64

Reaction score
The only thing I can think is did u download the right file for 1.3? Since the first one all I ever wiped was cache, dalvik and format system under mount option. Never had one problem. Id re-download the file and try again. Did u start with 1.1 or go from stock to say 1.3?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
K

korn5979

Reaction score
The only thing I can think is did u download the right file for 1.3? Since the first one all I ever wiped was cache, dalvik and format system under mount option. Never had one problem. Id re-download the file and try again. Did u start with 1.1 or go from stock to say 1.3?

Yeah, I downloaded it from the developers website, rootzwiki, and the op. Tried all of them and still no 1.3...I'm coming from 1.2 btw...

Sent from my wonderful phone that rules all phones, my pocket rocket, the ROOTED DROID BIONIC.

painball64

Reaction score
Have u tried to restore an old backup? Try that. If all else fails reflash to stock and start over. Id go back to 1.1 or stock rooted backup then try again may be something went wrong when u flashed 1.2

OP
K

korn5979

Reaction score
Have u tried to restore an old backup? Try that. If all else fails reflash to stock and start over. Id go back to 1.1 or stock rooted backup then try again may be something went wrong when u flashed 1.2

Ok I'll try 1.1 and let you know how it turns out.

OP
K

korn5979

Reaction score
Bah, can't find 1.1 anywhere. I'm just going to flash back to stock and then try

OP
K

korn5979

Reaction score
Ok that fixed it. On 1.4 now

rctp10

Reaction score
If I root and load this ROM into a fresh, out of the box bionic is it necessary to backup first?

The first thing you want to do after rooting and getting cwm is to do a backup, if you've already done your first backup when everything was fresh there is no need to do a backup again unless you found a rom you woulldnt mind using again.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
If I root and load this ROM into a fresh, out of the box bionic is it necessary to backup first?

IMHO... YES... think of it as your personal vzx? file... if anything were to fail.. .(and it sometimes does :) ) with that origional out of the box backup... *saved to as many places as you can think of, lol* you can flash back to factory fresh.. then the anxiety level will be at a minimum with any new tricks and hacks you might like to try...
and yes, there is the one step unbrick so greatly set up in other posts that has saved many a device... but for on the fly fix's , it is awsome to have your phone able to flash back to factory on the fly... HOPE THAT HELPS...