Anyone else have a messed up screen?

tb2007

Reaction score
I've noticed something with my Maxx that's kind of annoying. Attached is a picture showing some crazy spotting on my screen. What could this be? Should I get a replacement Maxx?

The picture amplifies the spots(also the green is being produced by the camera white balance), the only way you can see this with your eye is to either be in a dark room(in bed) and using dark screens, or looking extremely close during normal usage in daylight.

Does anyone else have this problem?View attachment 47627

Section_10

Reaction score
Yes, only visible in some booting lighting, You can't see it with use or when its off. Shouldn't bother you. But most of them will have that, its just something from the Samsing AMOLED screens when motorola installed them. Not a huge deal, just only an eye sore 1% of the time.

OP
T

tb2007

Reaction score
Yes, only visible in some booting lighting, You can't see it with use or when its off. Shouldn't bother you. But most of them will have that, its just something from the Samsing AMOLED screens when motorola installed them. Not a huge deal, just only an eye sore 1% of the time.

I was thinking it might be a manufacturing side effect from using AMOLED, but then I thought....that's a pretty big "side effect" from using this technology. Can others reproduce this on their phone?

Edit: Yes I am the 1% :)

cbreze

Reaction score
There's a whole thread on this in one of the forums or all of them. Seems a very common issue to this type of screen. I have yet to see it on mine. Maybe it's there and I just don't notice. I've looked tho.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
You have to try to see it, dark screen, dark room. Really an issue about nothing.
I watch a lot of Nexflix and one of the TV series I watch is very dark sometimes and I never see these spots.

xtor

Reaction score
Well, you see this watching netflix

my razr's sharper then yours ™

OP
T

tb2007

Reaction score
There's a whole thread on this in one of the forums or all of them. Seems a very common issue to this type of screen. I have yet to see it on mine. Maybe it's there and I just don't notice. I've looked tho.

Do you know where the thread is? I'd be interested in reading a "technical" reason for it. As has been mentioned you don't see it unless your in a dark room playing dark media on the phone.