Anyone else HAPPY?

atl_runner

Reaction score
Love my Droid for sure.. outpaced my expectations by a long shot. It sets the smart phone bar really really high.

This phone rocks!

MadisonMarine

Reaction score
I think it is a fine phone, especially for a first edition....only better things to come

Big D

Reaction score
I have figured out the mating thing.

PM me.

Turns out, there's an app for that.

:)

ericwiz

Reaction score
I'm throwing my hat in too. I love this phone!

I think this is the first phone that verizon got 100% right. No restrictions and silly crippling like they used to do.

I love the google connectivity. I know some dont want their info in the cloud but I find it immensely helpful that I can enter contacts on my phone and it updates my google and vise versa. It is just all connected which makes life much easier.

Love the nav. Used it a bunch of times already and it may not be perfect but it is very useable and I think it rivals standalone gps systems.

I did have an issue, which was resolved promptly by the big V(by replacing my original unit) and so I have no complaints!

And to think... this is just the beginning.. so, it's going to get BETTER!

HAHAHAHAHA!

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have figured out the mating thing.

PM me.

Turns out, there's an app for that.

:)
Check your inbox, I've tried every way I can, I can't figure it out. I've tried EVERYTHING I can think of. The slider doesn't even work anymore I've abused it so much.

rkcoll1

Reaction score
Hands down the best phone i have ever owned. Have had this thing since 11/9 and am still fascinated with it. So many things this phone can do.

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
I'll chime in with a big thumbs up also!

There are some minor issues I'm hoping will be taken care of in the 12/11 update but they're mousenuts. Love it!

kwyjibo3

Reaction score
The droid is exactly what it took to bring me back to smartphones, I had given up after the moto q. Haven't been this excited since my first kyocera 6035

gdoane

Reaction score
I just kind of stumbled into a Droid as I was due for an upgrade under Verizon's New In Two deal and I moved to the Droid from another Smartphone, the Moto Q which I got from Alltel. I wound up on Verizon as part of the Alltel-Verizon merger.

The only way I ever put up with the Moto Q and it's butt-dialing, refusal to take a charge unless it's powered off and back on, and the horrible tendency to randomly go into speakerphone mode for no apparent reason whatsoever was getting an iPod Touch to supplement it.

Now, it's my understanding the the iPhone is kind of the enemy of the Droid, and my iPod Touch is so close to an iPhone that it's literally running on iPhone software, but I have run into more than a few similarities between the Droid and the iPod Touch starting with the touch-screen slide to unlock it. I'm used to that so I'm happy Motorola went with something familiar.

Flicking up and down to scroll through menus and such made me feel like I already know how to use this phone and I only got it two days ago.

This phone is already a stone cold improvement over the Q. I hated that the keyboard was exposed on the Q and I'm never, EVER buying a candy bar style phone with an exposed keyboard again. No way. The slider feature of the Droid is so much better than either the touchscreen of the iPod or the exposed keyboard of the Q that I'm sticking with sliders from now on.

The display is absolutely gorgeous. It's easily the best cell phone display I've ever seen in my life. I think it beats my Sony PSP display hands down and that's not even a touch screen.

Then I found out there are FREE APPS!! Nothing on the Q was free. Cripes, that phone nickeled and dimed me like I was a money tree.

The first Droid I saw was in the hands of a Motorola Engineer (I run into Motorola employees a lot, like about daily) and he showed me the barcode app and how it works. I was stunned, and I thought the phone came with it.

It doesn't, of course. So I figured out I had to download it and I thought "here we go again, shaking the money tree" and found out it was FREE. FREE? FREE apps on a CELL PHONE? The only thing I'd ever gotten for free from a cell phone was a blistered thumb before I met the Droid!

I like it a whole lot, but then I'm the target audience. I'm very technically oriented, I'm not afraid of learning something new and the phone is cool as cool gets.

I'm really happy with it. The Q is FIRED.

kcook323

Reaction score
I love my Droid too! I keep telling my husband I have the "coolest" phone on the block, compared to his EnV3. ;) This is my first smart phone too. I'm still learning things, so I'm SO thrilled to have a place to come to when I have questions or "uh oh, what did I just do?" moments. :D

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
:icon_eek:
Just wait... currently I am trying to mate with it, but after the Dec 11 software upgrade, they will begin trying to mate with US :icon_eek:
And im converting iphone owners left and right.
I'm pretty sure my boss would get it but he happens to live in the only dead zone I have ever found since I've got Verizon and AT&T happens to work there even though it doesn't work most other places haha