Anyone else getting bored?

kdogg556

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have the original droid and have used almost every Rom that has been made. I currently have Miui. i like it but Ive had it for so long i need a change. Is there anything else that is completely different from Miui or other Roms based on the stock android OS with just a different feel? i want something completely out of the box. I wish the sense was working but i doubt that will happen any time soon. Is there anything out there that i might not know of that i can flash my original Droid with?

Thanks,

Kdogg556

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
You could do the win7 setup.

Sent from somewhere...

fishfood

Reaction score
I'll be honest, I'm right there with you, and, strangely enough, I've settled on MIUI for the time being. However, my favorite of the more "stock" type ROMs is Sourcery. It has a more stock feel than MIUI, but has some cool features that I hadn't seen on some of the others. I've tried LFY, Project Elite, Simply Stunning, Sapphire and UD. Of those PE and LFY are my favorites, but Sourcery is very cool and worth a look if you haven't tried it yet. Good luck!

J

Johnly

yup, I am bored....have seven android forums open, and bored

OP
K

kdogg556

Reaction score
yea ive tried sourcery. its good but its still based off the original os. i like miui because its completely different.

guess ill just have to wait...sigh

fishfood

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm looking to the Motorola Xoom to be the next true cure for my boredom... with that, I may be able to wait for the first HTC dual core to get a new phone!

fishfood

Reaction score
Really,JJ? Come on now. I'm simply saying that the devs, as amazing as they all are, can only do so much with the limited hardware on the D1 and I'm ready for some more powerful equipment to see what they can do with that! The fact that I can't settle on one ROM is a tribute to how great they all are.

As for hanging myself, I think I'll pass... Too much Android goodness to look forward to... Not to mention your next well-thought-out post! Try to be nice, eh?

Sent from my kick-ass hacked-up Droid using DroidForums App

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Hello all,

I have the original droid and have used almost every Rom that has been made. I currently have Miui. i like it but Ive had it for so long i need a change. Is there anything else that is completely different from Miui or other Roms based on the stock android OS with just a different feel? i want something completely out of the box. I wish the sense was working but i doubt that will happen any time soon. Is there anything out there that i might not know of that i can flash my original Droid with?

Thanks,

Kdogg556

Try the Sourcery Rom...

-Mike

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hah, i love how people complain when they have a device (a PHONE might i remind you) that they are able to hack and change... and you say your getting bored??

What about all those phones or mp3 players of the past that you couldnt even change a pixel on? You didnt hate them, you just accepted them as they were...

Apprazer

Reaction score
Hello all,

Thanks,

Kdogg556

You can always cure your boredom by learning to create your own ROM and then I'm sure supporting it would keep you from getting bored in the future. Just saying ...

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
or your own full theme ;) then you'll be bored of working so hard

J

Johnly

good point.....time to theme some ROMs....it isn't rocket science.