Anyone else experience BLACK screen / shut down while using Pandora? or in general?

rjcapp

Reaction score
Anyone else experience BLACK screen / shut down while using Pandora?

So far it happened twice, black scrren shut down... I know pandora was running for the second event. Or is this a bug?

FYI, im listening to pandora as I type....

cloud12077

Reaction score
I experienced one today. I was answering a text message, unlocked phone and got the BSOD (BLACK screen of death, lol). Phone shut completely off and I had to turn it back on. Wasn't doing anything else except unlocking the phone.

OP
R

rjcapp

Reaction score
Wow not good.

Is this or When does this officially become recognized as a bug?

Worse yet I paid 550.00 for mine and gave the wife my Bionic.... lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Small hiccup, if it happens more often then I'd be concerned.

ModestMuse

Reaction score
I'll add another one to the black screen shut down pile. I was just messing around on my phone, and the next thing I knew, it shut down and I had to re-boot it.

Minor inconvenience as long as it doesn't happen regularly. I'll have to say I'm probably using it more throughout the day than I will in a typical week once the kid with the new phone in me wears off.

OP
R

rjcapp

Reaction score
Should we be calling Verizon? I'm sure all parties involved in the device already know!!!!!!

CarbonLegend

Reaction score
happens to me when i use pandora, and when i try to open FB app. Still factory locked

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Wow, I had 2 random reboots on the second day I had it. Called *611 and (after a few things) they recommended I go to the store and get another one. Did that Saturday and so far its been OK. But after seeing this thread I am guessing this was not a fluke due to my first device. Guess we'll see ...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just bugs in the OS usually causing reboots, they'll be worked out. My OG did it randomly for the first month until an update.

Briankbl

Reaction score
Joining the club.

Last night, I had it happen twice. Both times I had my headphones that came with the phone plugged in. The first incident occurred while listening to Amazon mp3 previews. The second time, I was listening to music via PowerAmp while web browsing.

The screen went black with a loud crackly pop in my earphones. Phone rebooted on it's own. Hasn't happened today ...yet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

triplejnj

Reaction score
Happened to me a couple times last night just playing around with the settings, setting contacts photos, etc... good too see I'm not the only one :biggrin:

OP
R

rjcapp

Reaction score
Just bugs in the OS usually causing reboots, they'll be worked out. My OG did it randomly for the first month until an update.

I hope so. My concern is that this is a hardware issue. Day 3 and it shut down using Pandora

Jradish

Reaction score
So far i've had 2 random reboots. The first one I wasn't worried about because I was taxing the OS pretty hard. The second one though I was just browsing in the market.

I also had another strange bug last night. I was playing a game then exited out of it, and my navigation buttons were no longer there on the home screen. I opened stuff and locked it and unlocked it, and they didn't come back. The only thing that got them back is I locked it and then swiped to the left for Camera.

Redonmyhead

Reaction score
listened to pandora 8 hours straight today. Within the 8 hours, got the black screen/shutdown twice. Had to power up the phone to reboot.

I have lightflow installed as well. Gonna try to unistall lightflow and see if it does the same.

This is my second phone. Crap, I don't want to take another back. 1st phone kept rebooting over and over.

No issues with the second phone except this crashing crap.

Hopefully, this is an OS software fix like mentioned earlier.