Anyone else expending a battery problems?

Discussion in 'RAZR HD and RAZR HD MAXX Support' started by jimmythegent, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +12,662
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z4
    I'm not sure about the RMHD, but with the RAZR M the cache process is a little different again with the latest system update...seems to work better. But it sounds like that will nor help tour phone. If you can't even uninstall an app...that is not normal. I would say either a Factory Reset is in order or a replacement phone from Verizon / Moto if you still have warranty or insurance. But they normally ask if you have already done a Factory Reset before they send a replacement.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

2. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,513
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    The reason it feels like it's on fire and is sucking battery is that something is causing your processor to cycle and therefore get hot... A hung up or rogue app is the probable cause..

3. PereDroid

PereDroid DF News Team Reporter

Ratings:
    +4,268
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Turbo 2
    Wow, Jim. NOT jumping to iOS? Thought for sure we had lost you.
    Have you received the very latest update. Within like a week or so? These patches that have come out recently have caused more trouble then they were worth. But this last one is SUPPOSED to be pretty good.
    We all whined that we wanted KK and when we got it... it made our phones do funky things.
    Battery life took a hit, the "Wifi and Bluetooth couldn't be on together issue". It has been a bumpy road.

I am ready for a new phone too, Jimmy. Even though I haven't had quite the issues you have... it's time. This thing is tired...

4. lloydsw

lloydsw Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Since I now have an unlocked bootloader, I'm running CM 11. Haven't had any of the problems plaguing stock kk.

5. PereDroid

Ratings:
    +4,268
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Turbo 2
    Unlocked running Validus ROM. It's fantastic. Battery still not great, though. I'm starting to think it's just old.

However, Qualcomm, the company that makes the processor in our phones, just came out with this.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xiam.snapdragon.app
    I've had it running for 5 days now. Yesterday my phone actually went all day on a charge.
    (Did not open the battery killer Ingress once yesterday so that helps).

6. lloydsw

lloydsw Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Validus seems to be a very popular ROM for my tablet. I haven't taken the plunge yet tho.

Back when I was limited to what worked with safestrap, Nexesque was my favorite. Now that I'm unlocked, I've actually thought about going back to JB so I could use it.

7. PereDroid

Ratings:
    +4,268
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Turbo 2
    Nexesesque was my DD for a long time.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jimmythegent

jimmythegent Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Yeah Pere, think Ill hand in with Android, just one thing is for certain, at least I know now what to look for, I know you and a lot of other like this phone, and its true, mine is probably defective, but I know the tell tale signs at least now a crap phone.

9. PereDroid

Ratings:
    +4,268
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Turbo 2
    I will say this much... the phone that replaced ours? The Droid Ultra? With the quad core processor... that thing is blazing fast. Saw my buddy over the weekend with one. He's had it probably 8 months. Silky smooth and fast as hell. Had me looking at Swappa for an upgrade it was so nice. Seriously.

10. jimmythegent

jimmythegent Member

Ratings:
    +7
    AHHH! I cant take it, my wifes friend just stopped over and I noticed it looked like she was holding an iPhone 6. So I asked if I could look at it, it was the 4.7" one. This thing ran like BUTTER. And I dont mean fast I mean it was like the phone new where I was gonna touch the screen and do. One thing I will admit, is that 4.7" is perfect for a screen size. I didnt sit there and play with everything but I noticed she never closed an app (from what appeared when I double clicked the home button, seemed like endless programs) but it was SILK. It still was the iOS though, not a bad thing I guess since Im used to Android now, but none the less.

I saw an article and video where they compared the iPhone6 and HTC one 8 and Samsung GS5 and the iPhone was the fastest, link to the video below. Upgrade is coming and I assume by the time February rolls around, the iPhone6 will be $200 for the 64 GB one, cuz Im not shelling out $300 for that, I no use for just the 8GB one they have now.

My phone is so buggy right now its funny almost. Except I have a 4 year old and need it in case of an emergency to act like a phone.

Other day, I was getting calls, but the screen remained black, I had to reset the phone so I could see who was calling. Not cool if there is an emergency. Enough rambling, time for curtain shopping... yay....

11. jimmythegent

jimmythegent Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Oh real quick, here is a new thing, everytime someone sends me pic message... it says "Downloading" and I kid you not, it take till the next day. Is this a setting I have to fix or just add it to the list?

12. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +12,662
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z4
    That is an issue with the RAZR HD and M if you are on WiFi. The phone is supposed to switch to 4G to download the MMS pic then back to WiFi. The switch is not happening. When you get a pic text....try to turn off WiFi....let the pic download then turn WiFi back on. I know....pain in the you know what. Gotta love updates....they are not always perfect.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Search tags for this page

does the isis wallet battery life

droid maxx battery problems

motorola razr still has last user app info on it after fdr

vzw.com/earlyedge