Anyone else expending a battery problems?

Discussion in 'RAZR HD and RAZR HD MAXX Support' started by jimmythegent, Dec 9, 2013.

1. PereDroid

PereDroid DF News Team Reporter

Ratings:
    +4,268
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Turbo 2
    I'm really not trying to be a fanboi. I really hate fanbois. But I just do not experience all the issues you do. Mine pops back to main screen very fast. Now granted I am ROM'ed and ROOTed so I really try not to comment too much about these issues. But I was stock for a long time and still did not have the issues that you have had.
    I've been with Android since Day 1. The original Droid. Then the Incredible 2 which was good, but not great. Compared to that, the HD is miles above it.

As for the iPhone being so much better... trust me the video sucks bad. A friend of mine at work recorded a co worker in his band and it was pure crap. Unwatchable.
    I actually don't hate the iPhone. I really don't. But there's no way I would own one. You can even arrange ICONS the way you want to. It's just so ridiculously restricted.

2. pdoyle

pdoyle Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Don't know if this pertains to you; but recently uninstalling Facebook, Weatherbug, and some other apps I didn't really need, seems to have made a difference in my battery life and lagginess..haven't needed to clear cache partition as frequently, it seems. I read somewhere that those two are notorious resource hoggers...plus Facebook was starting to take over my life. much happier without it on the phone.

3. jimmythegent

jimmythegent Member

Ratings:
    +7

word

4. newmanx4

newmanx4 Member

Ratings:
    +21
    I'm with Jimmy. This phone sucks. Thinking I'll reactivate my trusty old Droid X.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

5. jimmythegent

jimmythegent Member

Ratings:
    +7
    LOL, so I am not alone? Say it aint so.

6. Cattledog1969

Cattledog1969 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Where can I get a new battery professionally installed or trade in my RMHD for a refurbished device with a brand new battery onboard. My RMHD is two years old now and the battery is getting noticeably worn out. I've done FDRs numerous times to get rid of unwanted junk. So I'm pretty sure the battery is just old. I love the phone but Motorola has been dropping the ball big time with their newest devices so I can't get a new moto phone. Anyone know??

7. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,513
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    Contact Motorola.. I believe it's less than 100$ and the replacement battery and work comes with a warranty. The turn around time is a week or less. I'm sure that there are other companies out there that offer the service too...

• Like Like x 1
  8. PereDroid

Ratings:
    +4,268
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Turbo 2
    Actually ... and I just verified this... if you contact Moto and tell them your you want a new battery in your phone, they will send you a refurb. For free.
    Seriously.
    I about fell out of my chair.
    You can either send them yours, and they will send you one back. OR put up a $99 deposit, they will send you one and only keep your money if you don't send yours back.

• Like Like x 2
  9. PereDroid

Ratings:
    +4,268
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Turbo 2
    [08:22:34 AM] Hi, my name is Paul. How may I help you?
    [08:22:39 AM] Tony: Hi Paul
    [08:23:09 AM] Tony: Real quick: what is the cost and turn around time of sending my Moto Razr HD to you to have the battery replaced?
    [08:23:41 AM] Paul: I do apologize for that
    [08:23:54 AM] Paul: We do have 2 options here :

First is the Return and Replace, you will send your defective device first to us, once we receive it we will send you the new replacement.

Second option is the Secured Advanced Exchange, we will send you the new replacement first, but we need your credit card information for the $99 security hold. The security hold will be refunded after we receive your defective device.

You will receive the replacement phone within 3 - 4 business days.
    [08:23:54 AM] Tony: no need, to apologize, I've had it a long time
    [08:23:59 AM] Tony: I know they don't last forever
    [08:24:42 AM] Tony: oh... so you swap the phone, you don't install a new battery?
    [08:24:53 AM] Tony: in both cases?
    [08:25:03 AM] Paul: That is correct.
    [08:25:15 AM] Tony: OK. Thanks!
    [08:25:44 AM] Paul: You're welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  10. cr6

cr6 Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +6,685
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S7 Edge
    Twitter:
    @dronewolfmedia
    Interesting....Usually they send you a replacement and then you send yours back. Each carrier/mfctr is different though.

tap'n on my S5

11. jimmythegent

jimmythegent Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Anyone elses phones feel like they are on friggin fire lately? Had my phone plugged in, 100% and now after one phone call its at 74% and driving home from getting my haircut, I literally had to take it out of my pocket it was so hot.

I know I know, all I do is complain, but this is ridiculous. I am certain my phone is a dud now, and probably always has been like you guys said. And I might just get a refurb because honestly... it cant get much worse than this phone. Its so bad now, I cant even do a Cache Wipe (yes, well aware of the new way to do it, doesnt work) and get this... I cannot even delete an app without the phone turning off....

And listen up, I am no Apple fan boy, I dont think Ill be getting an iPhone after all. I played with too many Androids that were like SILK, restoring my faith in Android (though iOS is a really good OS as well).

12. Ollie

Ollie Droid Does

Ratings:
    +2,479
    Current Phone Model:
    Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
    Get the Note 4. It even comes with software just like iTunes that will make backups of everything on your phone.

Search tags for this page

does the isis wallet battery life

droid maxx battery problems

motorola razr still has last user app info on it after fdr

vzw.com/earlyedge