Anyone else ditched firefox recently?

silvasrt4

Reaction score
As a loyal firfox user for many years the other week i found myself HATING it!. The first thing that happened with it was i would open it and it would come up and a second later crash, so i figure, plugins were to blame. ran in safemode with no plugins it worked great. so i begain installing them one by one to see what caused it.... got them all installed and it worked fine!!! until a few days later. i opened her up again but this time i have no connection. so i ping google through command promt and i get a reply... weird. open up IE, and it connects just fine... went into firefox, messed with about:config a bit, chjanging my ipv6, nothing worked, so i finally said that was the last straw, ditched firefox and became a chrome user again!(i had tested chrome and really liked it but it wasnt the best for downloads when i first tested. got a lot of check sum errors and currupt files.) so has anyone else ditched the ole firefox for something else? and why?

on another note, im about to check out IE9, looks pretty promising. even though i have hated IE for many years, 9 looks legit!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I tried fire fox, found it didn't do what I wanted, went back to IE7. Haven't tried Chrome yet but an looking at it for its sync to my phone capabilities

sent from my Incredible via SlideIT on Tapatalk

ROMBOMTHEMAGIC

Reaction score
i use chrome for everything except for watching streams, use firefox with that just for adblocker

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have never had the issues the O.P. is talking about. I'm running 3.6.10 with no issues whatsoever. And, I have several add ons that are working just great. I won't use Chrome or IE because of the fact they don't have the add ons that I use with ham radio.

PolyOlefin

Reaction score
Chrome is superior to everything but not superior at everything. The reasons are too long to list here.

Specifically relating to your problem, Chrome is the only browser that launches a new process for each tab, so a crash does not close the entire browser.

Last edited by a moderator:

kennydied23

Reaction score
Ditched firefox when a friend told me about chrome, like two years ago. Chrome was just snappier, and still is in my opinion, but IE9 betas are really starting to catch up IMO.

Droidfish

Reaction score
I always liked ff but I switched to chrome the day they announced chrome to phone and yes I know it works in Firefox but I just figured that I've always love gmail and I have a google phone that I love so I owed google a chance to win me over in the browser game. Truth be told I had no idea how impressed I could be by a browser but it'll take a lot to make me switch again.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Mikey311

Reaction score
i was thinking the same thing!! i've used firefox my entire pc life, but i recently moved to chrome and love it. it's just simple. i'm running the firefox beta and ie9 beta. they both look very promising. now only if stumbleupon was on chrome...

PolyOlefin

Reaction score
i was thinking the same thing!! i've used firefox my entire pc life, but i recently moved to chrome and love it. it's just simple. i'm running the firefox beta and ie9 beta. they both look very promising. now only if stumbleupon was on chrome...
i use chrome for everything except for watching streams, use firefox with that just for adblocker
Both StumbleUpon and AdBlock are available on Chrome.

Last edited:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I still use solely Firefox but it crashes numerous times a day. I've sent thousands of crash reports.... it's looking like I'll be switching to Chrome as this is becoming incredibly annoying.... and IE has way too many security issues for me to even consider.

KsKnightmare

Reaction score
i used Firefox for the longest time and convinced my whole family to switch to it. now i never use it. I use Chrome only now, best way to surf the web lol. convinced my sister to use it too ^^

teseo236756

Reaction score
IE9 checked out and it sucks!

my vista laptop was using it for a couple of minutes until it crashed totally and cannot open any webpage at all.