1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

anyone else dislike the battery icon in the status bar?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by nate94gt, Dec 14, 2009.

1. nate94gt

nate94gt New Member

it only has a couple different looks. I look at it and think "ok great, i have like 60% or so left" when in reality, its at like 30%, even though it looks like it has at least half. Ugh. yes i know you can get battery widgets, but then i have to go back and forth to the home screen where the widget is at. maybe someone can change that now that its rooted and we can get a better icon in the status bar, that'd be awesome.
  2. keiichi25

keiichi25 New Member

I am not really 'pleased' with the battery indicator on the Droid, I will admit that, but then I just find something else to give me the information I want, albeit, I would like it to be a little more granular than the 10% increments. :)
  3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Yeah, it's not the best but worth starting a thread over? Come on.:)
  4. nate94gt

nate94gt New Member

The increments in general dont bother me, just that the icon only has like full, half, orange, then red. yuck.
    the iphone had a good battery icon (yeah yeah i know), so i guess i just wish this one was better.
    back before when i had nextels, they were terrible, only had 3 different bars, but it was only used for calls so it was no big deal
  5. LastBoyScout

LastBoyScout New Member

i would love to see a simple menu or registry fix that would allow you to display the battery in a numerical value, much like the iPhone after you jailbreak it. I jailbroke my friend's iPhone and installed that hack and he loves it.
  6. nate94gt

nate94gt New Member

gee, i didnt realize this general discussion forum wasnt used for general droid discussion stuff
  7. JayMonster

JayMonster New Member

To be perfectly honest, most battery indicators are like this... only they usually have 3 or 4 "segments" drawn for 100% 75% 50% 25% (and yes some are a bit more granular, but not much) whereas this one has no lines, but other than that.. well... it works pretty much like every other battery indicator.

I mean, on that little icon, are you really going to be able to tell between 50 and 40 percent?

If so then check out Battery Percentage Trial, it puts the updated battery in the status bar.
  8. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Nope, it's just me. No hard feelings, I just didn't see where there was a real topic here. I'm no moderator, apologies for the comment.
  9. Stingray389

Stingray389 New Member

try the widget battery left from the market. It takes around two days to calibrate to your phone, but after that, it gives you both a percentage of battery left, and an estimated time displayed in hours and minutes of charge remaining. It is a small widget, so it shouldn't take up much room if you place it on your main desktop page.
Search tags for this page

numerical battery percentage instatus bar