anyone else disappointed in flash?

justjosh

Reaction score
i'm impressed with flash, its very smooth. the problem i'm having is that it screws up the browser. all those flash ads and stuff make scrolling and zooming super choppy. worse than it was stock with android 2.0 and no multitouch. petes adblock script helps but its still annoying

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i'm impressed with flash, its very smooth. the problem i'm having is that it screws up the browser. all those flash ads and stuff make scrolling and zooming super choppy. worse than it was stock with android 2.0 and no multitouch. petes adblock script helps but its still annoying

Are you overclocked? If you are that shouldn't be a problem. Running stock browser? Menu button/more/settings/enable plug-ins/on demand.

Diordna

Reaction score

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
At first when I flashed a froyo rom I was not very happy with flash at all, however a week later I flashed UD Froyo Beta, overclocked to 1100 chevy, and installed the newest flash 10... I have to say I am loving it. Its so fun sometimes. I mean, a few flash websites (like my own) work and look pretty good.

Also, I was busy doing something so I went to SouthPartStudios.com and watched an entire episode of South Park (they have every one on there) and it was flawless. The video was perfect, the sound was dead on, and when you long press and go to full screen its great.

However the battery did drop from 100% to 80% in one episode with the screen on dim... ohs wells. I guess its not that bad for watching a whole episode without a power plug!

chnkyeydflip

Reaction score
Anyone else having problems going on sites saying that you are mobile browsing??? Is there any way for you to go on the sites and recognize you as a normal computer?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone else having problems going on sites saying that you are mobile browsing??? Is there any way for you to go on the sites and recognize you as a normal computer?

MOST sites have a button to push to view in regular view. What browser are you using? You might try a different browser. The stock browser does everything in full view.

Richie97

Reaction score
For the stock browser, type in about:debug in the url field, and go to settings. Bottom option is uastring, and you can set that to desktop to see full sites. Not sure about other browsers. I know skyfire has a button for it.

chnkyeydflip

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Everything is working out great. 3g sometimes isn't cutting it for flash but using wifi is working flawlessly