Anyone done the factory motorola kit upgrade RAZR to RAZR MAXX?

skrtchsr

Reaction score
If so, did you do it yourself, was it difficult? If you do it yourself, does it void the warranty? If they do it, does it void the warranty? Is the added battery life actually worth the 110.00 price tag? Thanks for any feedback in advance!!

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
If so, did you do it yourself, was it difficult? If you do it yourself, does it void the warranty? If they do it, does it void the warranty? Is the added battery life actually worth the 110.00 price tag? Thanks for any feedback in advance!!

I know of nobody who had this done or completed it themselves, but no matter who does this, it will void the warranty. Since the phone's serial number is tied to the model number, and since the model number indicates the presence or absence of the larger MAXX battery, it will be obvious to anyone who is validating the warranty.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.

Chukee

Reaction score
No matter if they do it or you do it yourself it does void the warrenty.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

pookie

Reaction score
If you do it just get the insurance. I've read the instructions, doesn't seem difficult at all. However, I got the battery pack/charger for mine in case I ever need a little extra battery. Way cheaper and no warranty worries.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums