1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Anyone buy Need for Speed: Shift yet?

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by tu3218, Dec 17, 2010.

1. tu3218

tu3218 New Member

Its up on the market now for $4.99. The graphics look really good and seems pretty good. Wondering if anyone could chime in on the game play.
  2. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

I've had it since the APK was ripped from the Droid X and posted. I paid $9.99 to unlock it, though (the price of being an early adopter).

It's pretty close to the console version gameplay-wise. And as far as racing games on the Droid, i'd rate it as one of the best. However, Gameloft is supposed to be releasing GT Racing: Motor Academy any day now, so that game might take the crown (especially if you are into sim racers, NFS is more of an arcade game)

Definitely worth $4.99, though. That's a fraction of the price of any other version of the game. And it's just as much fun to play.
  3. chrisb3

chrisb3 New Member

GT Racing is available now according to their website.
  4. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

^^^^ Yeah, saw that yesterday - however, when I went to buy it, I got the following message:

"Sorry. The game you selected will be available for your phone and carrier soon. Please check again later for availability"

Looks like they put up the webpage before the game was released.
  5. Nealius

Nealius New Member

bought it @ 9.99, lost it somewhere along the line of swapping roms.
  6. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

For future reference, with non market apps it pays to download Titanium Backup and back these type of apps thru it. Be sure to back up the data as well, so as to not lose the license info.
  7. tu3218

tu3218 New Member

Yeah I went ahead and bought it. Its a really fun game it surprisingly does have the "console" game play feeling to it.
  8. Viktorr

Viktorr New Member

I bought it yesterday. Very fun game, except that I get an error (Airplay v4.1.3 [224299]) and can't complete the Chicago tracks. Haven't found a solution yet. Been looking around on the forums here to see if one has been posted.
  9. joeybarclay

joeybarclay New Member

Im getting an error like that on the third track of the game in the free roam part or whatever its called
  10. Adley

Adley New Member

No i didn't buy it yet because i am waiting for the free version to come... ;)
  11. dropseys

dropseys New Member

as of this morning, 12-23,-10, NSF-shift was $0.99 in market. I dl and playing. It's awesome.
  12. LT*

LT* New Member

For .99 I pretty much HAVE to buy it.

Thanks for the heads up.
  13. gertman

gertman New Member

I never bought it when it was ripped but uncracked from the X for 9.99 because I didn't think it ran that well AND no possibility of an upgrades!! Boy was I happy to learn I saved 5 bucks AND now have an up to date copy that works MUCH better than the "demo" version on my rooted Droid I.

Now, I saw this post today that says it's supposed to be $0.99 BUT if I search for it today or search for EA mobile games it doesn't show up in the market???? Isn't that bizarre? I can still get to it from my downloads page of the Android Market.

Now about gameplay: I have left it on novice so far and I hate to say it but it's a real yawn. I practically loose interest before I have completed the 4 laps or so. I have progressed to Paris Woopiee!! Sorry, but I have kind of been side tracked lately when I found out Demolition Derby for the PSX emulator has finally been fixed!! Let me tell you, it works GREAT!!!!! The game is still difficult but the frame rate seems dead on most of the time!!

Can't wait for GT Academy BUT I have VERY leary of buying any Gameloft games NOT in the Android Market. From my past experience with Asphalt 5, if it doesn't work your on your own!! AND no possibility of any upgrades at a latter date......like what we just got today for Reckless 2 more cars and more tracks!!!! AWESOME:icon_ banana:!!!
  14. Viktorr

Viktorr New Member

Well, it seems the error I'm getting is only affecting the Quick Race Chicago track 4. Been doing career races now, getting my bankroll up to buy a third car. Hopefully won't run into it again.
  15. add119

add119 New Member

I have it okay it like alphalt 5 with more graphic.
  16. JCook111

JCook111 New Member

Being a gamer and having a nice full PC set up complete with cockpit at home this sparked my interest especially for 99 cents..would be cool to have on a phone...my question is..does this download to the phones memory or the SD card?

JC
  17. LT*

LT* New Member

Mine is on the SD card, I have my install location set to external, so everything installs there. If you're not rooted, then I'm not sure where it will go.
  18. gertman

gertman New Member

The bulk of it downloads to the SD card. If your rooted you can move most of the part that saves to the phone, maybe 4 mega or so.
  19. Bxrider117

Bxrider117 New Member

Bought it yesterday. For $.99 you can not go wrong. Even picked up FIFA Soccer as well. Only wish Madden was on sale for that price.
  20. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

You're probably going to be waiting awhile.............

Might as well buy it while it is $0.99; it's WORTH it. The demo was one race, IIRC. For less than a buck, you get the entire game.
Search tags for this page
airplay v4.3.10
airplay v4.4.8
eror (airplay v4.3.0[250761])

error (airplay v4.3.0 [250761])

error airplay v4.1.3

error airplay v4.3.0

error airplay v4.3.10

error airplay v4.3.3 (253856) sims3
errorairplayv4.3.0[250761]09])
need for speed eror air play
need for speed shift erro v4.3.0