anyone "Bump"?

Duke of Advil

Reaction score
I have a few questions for those who have used it or anyone who has reservations about it.
1) Can you set who can receive your "Bump"?
2) Can you set what info is shared?
3) What is the share proximity limits?
4) Can someone snag your info during the transfer?
5) Is it on all the time or do I need to activate it?

I have heard about security issues and was wondering if these have been taken care of?

DJTURNz

Reaction score
When you bump, you physically open the app and choose what will be "attached". Then it gets sent when you jar the phone. The recipient also has to have their bump open and ready to receive (I think).

Thunder_sl

Reaction score
I am not a expert or anything...but here is my take on it..

I have a few questions for those who have used it or anyone who has reservations about it.
1) Can you set who can receive your "Bump"?

It gets your GPS location..and the GPS location of the phone you "bump" and it figures out who to send it to. It's all based on your location.

2) Can you set what info is shared?

You have to "attach" something...A picture...contact...or app. It doesn't give the other person open access to your phone or anything...

3) What is the share proximity limits?

This sets how accurate the GPS has to be. I don't see this setting..but that would be my guess. If the two GPS locations are too far apart, it will abort..

4) Can someone snag your info during the transfer?

ANYTHING going over the network, in theory, can be "snagged". Also, if you have three or more phones...all next to each other, and you bump them all at the same time (with the app running)..it could, in theory, send it to any of them...or the one it thinks is closest.

5) Is it on all the time or do I need to activate it?

It only works when the app is open..

I have heard about security issues and was wondering if these have been taken care of?

Best advice is to never send ANYTHING over a network you do not want someone else to see, unless it is certified encrypted. This is not encrypted that I am aware of.

That's just how I understand this app works...

OP
Duke of Advil

Duke of Advil

Reaction score
Thanks all. I would only use this for my wife and close friends but my wife has heard from others of the risks.
Others please chime in. I think I get how it works but would still like to here more comments.