Anyone been able to add scriptybox from sapphire to this ROM?

kevdog

Reaction score
Hate to mix and match ROMs -- but scriptybox was sweet from sapphire. Can these scripts be added to CM6?

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry. Reread that and it sounded harsh. But my post stands. Developers put a lot of work into things like this, and yes everything is "open source", but it still doesn't mean everything should be stuffed into each rom. Makes for nothing unique in the community.

Sent from my Droid

Z

ZeroBarrier

Tanknspank, I know how you feel, but I think you should re-read his post a third time. He's not asking for this to be included on CM from now on as a new feature; he's simply asking if anyone has been able to integrate this scriptybox feature from the Sapphire ROM into CM.

It's not that much different than wanting to take 2 or 3 different themes and make your own mash-up of a theme for the ROM you're using, or to mix and match system apps to get the functionality you really want on any given ROM.

A few things come to mind, like the switch scripts of old to switch out the 2.1 clock app for the 2.0.1 clock app and so on.

And to the OP, I'm sorry, but I don't even know what this scriptybox even is, I've not yet flash any Sapphire ROM onto my Droid as of yet.

OP
K

kevdog

Reaction score
I'm not asking for a feature request -- hell there are a lot of things that I like about both ROMs but I don't want them to be the same (new power control widget on CM6 and CM settings are the bomb!!), but I don't want them to be the same. I'm just asking if anyone has been able to make this work -- a mash up as someone else could say. I love scriptybox -- why Koush doesn't have custom scripts in his ROM are beyond me -- particularly the sysrw/sysro scripts. Yea I know I could add the basic scripts (which is what I used to do all the time), however scriptybox is far superior to any basic series of scripts.

You haven't seen me *****in' to cvpcs to make his ROM exactly like CM6 or vice-versa. However there comes a point to the average user (like me), that you want or simply need some features from various ROMs put together. Maybe I'll see if I can just do this -- since it doesn't seem all that hard (or maybe it is -- who the hell knows -- and hence the reason for this post).

I love sapphire -- but I'm getting bored with 1.0. Need new features -- and at least for me it started to slow way down after a while with bad battery life. I'm just testing out the waters on some other ROMs.

@ZeroBarrier -- get rid of the BB for awhile and get on the Sapphire -- I doubt you'll go back :)

Z

ZeroBarrier

@ZeroBarrier -- get rid of the BB for awhile and get on the Sapphire -- I doubt you'll go back :)

Actually, I'm currently running CM v6.0 and I must say I'm incredibly impressed. CM was the first ROM I ever ran on my Droid when I first rooted it a week after I got it back in March, and the difference from how sluggish it was back then to how blazing fast it is now on just a fresh install is like night and day.

I'll still give BB v0.5 a go once it comes out though. I like Pete's work, but I'm definitely enjoying CM right now.

OP
K

kevdog

Reaction score
Yea cm6.0 is sweet -- but it would be better with scriptybox!! ;)

catpaws

Reaction score
I love CM, but I feel like scripts are the one thing missing from it that would make it 100% perfection.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not asking for a feature request -- hell there are a lot of things that I like about both ROMs but I don't want them to be the same (new power control widget on CM6 and CM settings are the bomb!!), but I don't want them to be the same. I'm just asking if anyone has been able to make this work -- a mash up as someone else could say. I love scriptybox -- why Koush doesn't have custom scripts in his ROM are beyond me -- particularly the sysrw/sysro scripts. Yea I know I could add the basic scripts (which is what I used to do all the time), however scriptybox is far superior to any basic series of scripts.

You haven't seen me *****in' to cvpcs to make his ROM exactly like CM6 or vice-versa. However there comes a point to the average user (like me), that you want or simply need some features from various ROMs put together. Maybe I'll see if I can just do this -- since it doesn't seem all that hard (or maybe it is -- who the hell knows -- and hence the reason for this post).

I love sapphire -- but I'm getting bored with 1.0. Need new features -- and at least for me it started to slow way down after a while with bad battery life. I'm just testing out the waters on some other ROMs.

I find myself using a rom for stability and not being over packed with things. Being able to pick and choose most extras is a nice plus.

But about scriptybox, you would have to modify everything to download cyanogen specific apps and make sure the others are pointing to things cyanogen actually has or to where it is located in cyanogen. Good luck.

nvm about the first part...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Silly rabbits, scripts are for kids.

:rofl3:

i've wanted to say that in a script thread for months...i just dont feel like hearin the script users moan and whine about how awesome they are.

scripts literally are for children...if i had a million dollars for every time i've wanted to do something and thought "oh man, i wish i had a script to do that!" i'd have exactly ZERO dollars. :icon_eek:

Z

ZeroBarrier

Don't get me wrong, some scripts are useful, for boring repetitive tasks. But if I just want to switch out an .apk and such, then I'd rather get down and dirty with adb.

:D