Anyone able to pull the OTA file and post it?

Reaction score
Didn't know if this was a possibility, but would be greatly appreciated by those of us who haven't received it yet.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ofiba

Reaction score
Is there any difference at all from installing update from that OTA upload and waiting for it to be sent to my own phone?

ripper2860

Reaction score
As I understand it -- NO. The OP claims it is pulled from an OTA recipients phone (his son's). The kernel and baseband revs match and someone else pointed out that the file checksums are the same indicating that the posted file and the OTA being sent as part of the SOAK process are one in the same.

The odds of Moto pulling this file and delaying the "full release" OTA due to some newly found issue is slim-to-none, IMHO. I'm not a gambling man and I went with the above linked file.

ofiba

Reaction score
As I understand it -- NO. The OP claims it is pulled from an OTA recipients phone (his son's). The kernel and baseband revs match and someone else pointed out that the file checksums are the same indicating that the posted file and the OTA being sent as part of the SOAK process are one in the same.

The odds of Moto pulling this file and delaying the "full release" OTA due to some newly found issue is slim-to-none, IMHO. I'm not a gambling man and I went with the above linked file.

Thanks. I've been fighting all urges to download one of the leaked updates for weeks and I'm afraid to blow it now because I couldn't wait an extra week for my phone to get it. I think I might go for it...

ripper2860

Reaction score
Have u ever flashed leaked OTA before(6.893 or 7.893)?

Nope. Sat pat on stock Kernel and Baseband awaiting OTA. Flashed back to STOCK .886 System, ROOTED, applied FOREVER ROOT and flashed the linked file. All went fine including keeping ROOT.

Thanks. I've been fighting all urges to download one of the leaked updates for weeks and I'm afraid to blow it now because I couldn't wait an extra week for my phone to get it. I think I might go for it...

You and I are in the same boat -- except a finally caved on this release!! :D

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's a gamble, but on my OG Droid I went from Eclair to Froyo using an update posted on this site. And it wasn't the OTA update, but the one Verizon had in their stores in case the OTA update failed. While it worked, I'll wait (at least for a while) for this one to come to me.

rjcapp

Reaction score
Tough decision. Hmmmmm

ripper2860

Reaction score
Even if Moto was to find an issue and not release 5.5.893 to ALL, it would not leave the random non-SOAK recipients they pushed out to STRANDED by not allowing the subsequent OTA to apply to their phones. Assuming the linked file is TRULY an OTA and not Cheesecake file (fingers crossed)-- I think I'm safe. :serious:

ofiba

Reaction score
Even if Moto was to find an issue and not release 5.5.893 to ALL, it would not leave the random non-SOAK recipients they pushed out to STRANDED by not allowing the subsequent OTA to apply to their phones. Assuming the linked file is TRULY an OTA and not Cheesecake file (fingers crossed)-- I think I'm safe. :serious:

This was my reasoning as well. I bit the bullet and updated. Hope these dropouts are fixed...

jpnestel

Reaction score
Anyone heard anything about maintaining root w this?