Anycut experts?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by kodiak799, Mar 8, 2010.

1. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

Anyone know how to create a shortcut with AnyCut that will toggle brightness?

Basically what I'm trying to accomplish is I have a variety of situations in Locale and would like to have some different brightness settings. The problem is generally these settings don't take effect until a reset (sleep to wake).

I think it would need to go thru the settings/display because Locale will set the brightness (which will then show as the default manual selection in display settings) but you need to click "ok" or whatever in settings for the brightness change to take effect.

And for that matter, being able to create a shortcut to SetCPU profiles that could be launched from Locale would be really helpful, too (although I think much more complicated). With these two shortcuts you'd have some serious automated battery management power.
  2. nerdbox08

nerdbox08 New Member

SetCPU haas a widget already or you could drag the app fromm the drawer and use bettercut togive it a different icon.

As for the brightness you would need the process for toggling the brightness. Ive tried to find documentation on this myself but I can't find a list of commands anywhere.
  3. kodiak799

I'm trying to automate this as opposed to clicking on a widget. A more difficult task for SetCPU because you'd actually be talking about changing the slidebar and effectively resetting it. Someone will probably just have to write a Locale plug-in for that.

Apps that toggle brightness unfortunately don't quite get it done, because Locale's shortcut launcher opens the app as opposed to selecting to toggle the widget.
  4. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

As far as I know, this isn't really all the possible...Brightness toggle is a widget function. You can create a shortcut to display settings in BetterCut [paid version of anycut], but that just brings you to the main sound/display settings. It's my understanding that neither anycut or better cut can be used to make shortcuts for widgets. The Power Control widget that came stock on the phone has a brightness control toggle function...

As for Setcpu profiles, I'm pretty sure you'd have to do some coding to get that to work right...As they stand right now, they kick in in an if/when type of way. In order to create some sort of toggle to switch manually between them, you'd need a different program or for their if/when setup to be completely different/non-existent...IMO

I've got Setcpu running in my notification bar, so it's always available for me to check which profile is running/access the app from doing anything on the phone and tweak my settings.

If you ask me, setcpu is already pretty automated with the profiles...They've save my a** a handful of times. As for brightness, well, I've never used locale. I just leave it on auto-brightness for the time being...
  5. kodiak799

Ehhh, you're right....Just set a range and ondemand should do the trick just fine for SetCPU.
Search tags for this page
anycut app directions

anycut guide

anycut toggle